Dont be so excessive on caps

Discussion in 'Website and Server Suggestions' started by Tropicalll, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Tropicalll

Tropicalll Active Member God

Ratings:
    +64 / -39
    One day I was on the server, and I saw someone type "SORRY!" into chat. Then, a mod (don't remember who) said "Watch the caps." Now, I'm all for stopping people from TYPING LIKE THIS INTO CHAT! But caps are meant to show exclaims. Like; WOW, SORRY, or OH NO! It's meant to show your exclaiming something. In chat, I don't think players should be warned for saying something as simple as "SORRY". I think the watch caps rule should only go towards player who type like this in chat, "GUYS JOIN UA SPLEEF2!!!" not someone who says something such as sorry, or oh no.

2. YannyHealy

YannyHealy Active Member

Ratings:
    +58 / -0
    Well the rules for caps is 4 caps max per line you send in chat, if you wanna show exclaims, there is an exclamation point.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Xx_Mervyn_xX

Xx_Mervyn_xX Active Member

Ratings:
    +74 / -1
    Its too distracting, you don't have to let the whole world know you are sorry.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Shauniee

Shauniee Active Member Extreme

Ratings:
    +216 / -4
    I can understand where you're coming from on this however, like Yanny said, exclamation points are used to exclaim (hence the name). I do think that we can maybe be a little more slack on the caps rule, i feel like it should be measured on the type of sentence. 'and all of this happened because SOMEONE decided they were gonna be rude' - This is just an example of a sentence that i don't believe should have a warning given to them for, but you also need to understand that staff have to call you out on breaking the rules that have been set by the owners. (Even if it's an accident, it's still something we have to do). Theres been plenty of time's i've joined the server and been like 'hEY GUYS' because i've forgotten to turn off my caps lock and even i get warned for it! :p These rules have been set and we have to follow them, out of respect for the owners and others around us.

All in all, the rule could be relaxed more like the letter spam rule. There is no set amount of letters to determine it as 'spam'. But this is something staff may discuss in the future.

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. ShaeSnow

ShaeSnow Member God

Ratings:
    +52 / -13
    if we aren't allowed to use caps, at least let us Italicize it.

6. Xx_Mervyn_xX

Xx_Mervyn_xX Active Member

Ratings:
    +74 / -1
    It is still annoying and distracting, we want players to have a fair play