Flexibility

Discussion in 'Website and Server Suggestions' started by dandelionhands, Jun 25, 2016.

1. dandelionhands

dandelionhands New Member Skymaster

Ratings:
    +3 / -0
    I know a post about this has already been made and I understand fully why it was turned down, but I want to add a point of view from a newcomer on the subject of the caps-lock-in-chat-rule.
    I understand the maximum of four capitalized characters in a sense, but I have to say it's very frustrating when someone is emphasizing a word (i.e. advertising certain items in shops) and are scolded for 'caps lock.' There's a difference between caps abuse and emphasis - and while I understand that exclamation marks are technically used for this, it doesn't always have the same effect. This tiny rule becomes more of a nuisance because of mini-modding, which is honestly more annoying than a few letters in all caps. I just think there should be a little more leniency as far as that goes, especially when there are bigger problems to be taken care of.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Tropicalll

Tropicalll Active Member God

Ratings:
    +64 / -39
  3. Reags

Reags Guest

Ratings:
    +3 / -4
    In my opinion, I don't really warn if people use over 4 caps. I normally warn people for caps if they do a full line of it, for example "OMG I DIED CAN I HAVE MY ITEMS BACK PLS" and I don't warn if it's like "HELLO im back". These may be very bad examples, I'm not very creative. I used to warn if they use over 4 caps but it's just at the point where I find in unnecessary but that's what the other staff have learnt as well.

With the mini modding, there was a rule for it a while ago but no one really listened to it and no one really ever was asked to stop. I do get quite annoyed with mini modding as well so I understand the frustration there but I only get annoyed with it if people ask me questions directly and everyone answers for me, I get it if Im AFK though. I also find mini modding okay if there are no staff online and if they're a new player and don't know the rules. I also hate the word spam of "caps" if someone does use caps, it's not a very informative warning either. But even though I do dislike mini modding, I don't really want to warn people to stop either, I only do if they are going over board like "Reags someone is hacking" and someone goes "who? ign please" because that's something they cant do anything about and it's just bothersome. I know, another bad example but it'll do. So, overall mini modding is okay to a certain degree but I really wouldn't know how to stop it because either way, people will still do it.

4. Tropicalll

Ratings:
    +64 / -39
    I would like to add one more thing, if I could.

Earlier in chat, zjobke got warned for "caps" because He Was Typing Like This. It shouldn't be considered caps, I mean yea it's annoying, but it's a typing style. Some people do it, some people don't. I think we should add flexibility to Typing Like This also.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Reags

Reags Guest

Ratings:
    +3 / -4
    That isn't caps and shouldn't be warned for it xD

6. dandelionhands

dandelionhands New Member Skymaster

Ratings:
    +3 / -0
    I think that proves the over-sensitivity to caps. I just think there's a difference between emphasis and abuse, is all. c:

7. Tropicalll

Ratings:
    +64 / -39
    Thats exactly what I said, but Sam and Emma warned zjobke for caps..