Group Chat / Parties

Discussion in 'Website and Server Suggestions' started by RockRevenchy, Mar 13, 2018.

1. RockRevenchy

RockRevenchy Dirty Pirate Staff Member Admin

Ratings:
    +62 / -0
    I've talked a bit about it with some of my friends on the server and it every so often happens that many players talks to one another through /m /r /it, the thing is sometimes you get for example a group of 3 (or more) all getting along trying to reach one another in a non-public fashion (to talk stuff about islands, a little more personal subject or other topics that doesnt requires to be seen public)

I heard the server used to have a similar feature before the reset and well, I'm a little sad to see this didnt followed us this time, which is why I've gone ahead and posted the suggestion over here ;p

and exemple of what I'm suggesting would be a plugin/feature like this;
    https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/parties.3709/

2. AmandaMarissa

AmandaMarissa Good Noodle God

Ratings:
    +192 / -0
    /it is really helpful for these kinds of things. It allows you to talk to anyone and everyone on the same island as you in a more private matter.

3. RockRevenchy

RockRevenchy Dirty Pirate Staff Member Admin

Ratings:
    +62 / -0
    I am indeed aware of that command altho it raise the unfortunate requirement of having every listeners on the very same island which a bummer, it is cool feature but it doesnt really complete the job when you need to talk to multiple island owners.

(altho creating a party could be a donor features while /it would remain as the free option)

4. 1stGlitch

1stGlitch Well-Known Member Staff Member Admin

Ratings:
    +277 / -0
    There does exist the relatively unknown /partytalk command (shorter aliases include /ptalk and /ptk). It allows you to talk to everyone who is a part of your island, although it does not solve communicating with other island owners, it can come in useful as it works regardless of where the other players are located. To be clear, it allows you to talk to anyone who is a member of your island (different then someone who is just trusted).

Thanks,
    ~Glitch