minecarts despawning in clearlag?!

Discussion in 'Website and Server Suggestions' started by zjobke, Aug 12, 2016.

1. zjobke

zjobke Member God

Ratings:
    +35 / -1
    Hi!
    I have no idea who thought making minecarts despawn in clearlag would be a good idea!! That's the worst thing you could do on a skyblock server. It makes people lose a lot of stuff when they dont know, I lost like 4 hopper mincarts because of this (10 iron each). and I tested it at other minecarts like the regular one, furnace minecart and the minecart chest. I had great plans with moving all my items to my storage using hopper minecarts, but this plan has been ruined. I hope this will get fixed very soon. Also now you are reading this, I would like to mention that disabling tnt also was a bad idea, many things includes tnt like minigames.
    -zjobke

2. Tropicalll

Tropicalll Active Member God

Ratings:
    +64 / -39
    1) Minecarts allow people to AFK, so yes they should be clear lagged.
    2) TNT being enabled!? You're a crazy man for wanting this.
    3) I do agree, Minecarts with furnaces, chests, etc shouldn't despawn.

3. zjobke

zjobke Member God

Ratings:
    +35 / -1
    why am i crazy for needing tnt? with tnt I can make some cool minigames and a fully automatic cobble generator. also, tnt aint a bad thing. do u rly think any1 would grief with it?
    about the minecart allowing people to afk thing, who would do it when its not allowed? u might get punished for it, and minecarts can be used for way more cooler things. also when you're in a minecart it wont despawn so it wont stop making people afk farms with it. people could also use water instead of minecarts.

4. itdave

itdave Well-Known Member Extreme

Ratings:
    +266 / -21
    pretty sure minecarts are removed because they are entities and all CLAG does is remove entities to put less strain on the server. but im sure glitch could disable it if he wanted to

5. AmandaMarissa

AmandaMarissa Good Noodle God

Ratings:
    +192 / -0
    Hello! Thanks for your suggestions! We have minecarts despawn due to quite a few players trying to afk in them not too long ago. I wish so dearly that we could set it back so they don't despawn since there are some great farms you can build that involve them, but sadly people like to screw up our chances of having them. I think we should consider taking out minecarts with chests/furnaces/etc. in them and I will bring that up in staff discussion. TNT was enabled for a short amount of time in which we had A LOT of problems with. People think it's funny to destroy other islands, so therefore it is disabled.

• Like Like x 1
  6. OoniTurtle

OoniTurtle Member Immortal

Ratings:
    +16 / -13
    they can also use water streams to afk, ban water

(if you couldnt tell, this was a joke)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2016
  7. zjobke

zjobke Member God

Ratings:
    +35 / -1
    Is there really no possibility of enabling tnt back again? It really would make a few farms possible like an auto cobble generator.

8. Tropicalll

Ratings:
    +64 / -39
    TNT shouldn't be enabled. It may make some cool mini games and might make your cobble generator faster (by like 3%, TNT/Wither cobble gens aren't that much more efficient than normal piston designs). Most people would see TNT asa toy and start blowing stuff up.

And OSB's roll-back plugin (CoreProtect) doesn't support chests blown up by TNT. So if someone is trusted and blows up your chest with TNT, you won't get those items back unless you screenshotted what you had in the chest lmao.

TNT might make a few things fun/easier, but in the long run it'll make things a lot worse imo.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2016
  9. zjobke

zjobke Member God

Ratings:
    +35 / -1
    i dont want to make things faster with tnt, but make it fully automatic. also i have been designing on 1 minigames i wanted to build on my Island for like 2-3 weeks. it requires tnt, otherwise it won't be working.
    and why would you trust any1 that would blow up your chests? if griefers dont have tnt they would destroy with their hands. so disabling tnt wont stop griefers from griefing.

10. Tropicalll

Ratings:
    +64 / -39
    There's always people who try to gain your trust just to grief. Especially people below the age of 12 typically trust anyone with their island lmao

• Like Like x 1
  11. itdave

itdave Well-Known Member Extreme

Ratings:
    +266 / -21
    but im 12 and i dont trust anyone

12. max

max Guest

Ratings:
    +5 / -8
    kid ur dum!!!!!

• Dislike Dislike x 1