New way of doing Staff apps?

Discussion in 'Website and Server Suggestions' started by 109thomas, Jun 18, 2016.

1. 109thomas

109thomas New Member

Ratings:
    +18 / -0
    So I think most people have noticed that this server is a little short on staff, but from what I've heard on TS and in chat is that lots of people have applied, yet there are only three "Trail Staff" (Well Senpai is helper but basically the same thing, right?). I would like to suggest a new way of doing staff apps that would probably speed up the process of getting new staff and having everybody be happy about it. So my suggestion is that the staff apps be in a thread/forum post like this one with a vote pool at the bottom. This method would not only give everyone a chance to read about the person applying but it would also give the community a little bit of "say" on who becomes staff (Obviously the owner and other staff have a final say in who gets staff and who doesn't). This is how the applications were done on McNetwork and I think they worked pretty well, until the end that is. I dunno though, I'm putting a vote poll in here just to see what you people have to say and feel free to voice your opinion in the comments section! Thanks for taking the time to read this!
    109thomas.

2. ShaeSnow

ShaeSnow Member God

Ratings:
    +52 / -13
    Wouldn't want one person to be the "be all end all" say on who gets accepted, if someone can prove to the Staff and Community that they are competent enough to be staff I'd say yes to that.

3. Reags

Reags Guest

Ratings:
    +3 / -4
    In my opinion, I'm going to say no. This is because it could turn into a popularity contest, it makes sense for bigger servers because it's not like everybody knows everyone. A lot of people love people and there's others that extremely dislike people while other people are the complete opposite. I agree that the server is short on staff but I like the way we do staff applications, believe it or not it used to be a lot worse. The reason we recently made a trial staff was because helpers are like actual staff members, you could say and we have recently had helpers that go inactive for weeks on end and it makes it difficult to demote them because when they are on, they're good staff members but eventually they were demoted. This happens quite a bit and so we made a new rank and they only have it for 2 weeks until they get promoted or demoted, it just makes it easier to watch them and for them to know they're not actually staff yet. In all honesty, I think this should be left to the head staff and owners, mods and helpers don't really get much say in it other than us mentioning it on TS and getting their thoughts on who they think would be good. Also, staff applications are great way of knowing who wants to be staff and getting to know people better but we don't go "Oh that's a good application, should give them a chance" because most of the time they break a lot of rules on the server.

4. Hypurr_

Hypurr_ do custom titles work? Skymaster

Ratings:
    +54 / -1
    I actually prefer staff applications to be more private and seen by staff. As Reags said above, popular players usually get the spot and it wouldn't be much of a fair system. Not only that, but much like on McNetwork (I dunno if it's acceptable to say it on here), people were victims of application copying. The format, of course is seen all the time, but people won't have genuine answers because the popular players would have said the exact same thing.

I don't know. It just seems a lot more secure and fair that only staff members see your application. Regardless of whether or not they answer it, staff have more than likely read it and can do their judgement on their own time.

• Like Like x 2