Server down @ 3 am......

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrLohrdyMoose, Jan 27, 2015.

1. MrLohrdyMoose

MrLohrdyMoose Member Extreme

Ratings:
    +1 / -8
    Really hope staff is doing maintenance as it says when trying to login, would really like to see mob arena come.
    Really hoping im accepted as staff so i can help improve skyblock......here some things to think of, we should have like minigames or some type of contests inside the server daily or every 2 hours or hour or something say mini games could be 1st place 1000 igm 2nd 750 igm and 3rd being 500 igm and the games could vary from parkour a hunger games or spleef or boxing just some ideas i know this should be posted in server suggestions but i rambled about other stuff as well

2. LookAtMrLee

LookAtMrLee Member Overlord

Ratings:
    +9 / -0
    The server is down for certain reasons please bear with us.

We will not be adding minigames/contests daily or hourly but we have something planned which should be coming out soon.

3. LookAtMrLee

Ratings:
    +9 / -0
    The server is down for certain reasons please bear with us.

We will not be adding minigames/contests daily or hourly but we have something planned which should be coming out soon.

4. LITTLEBILLFTW

LITTLEBILLFTW New Member Extreme

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    When will it be back on?

5. Destro15

Destro15 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
  6. lilcrash15

lilcrash15 New Member Skymaster

Ratings:
    +1 / -4
    it does need more than just skyblock. Cause building and grinding all day can get boring and i think people would like to get away from there islands or other peoples islands and go do something fun that comes with rewards and i also believe the not being able to pick items up on other islands should either 1. Be removed. 2. Add trading huts at spawn because it can still be scary trading at spawn without trading huts with people who have /tp and can tp at any time without having to accept it. Yes you can turn tp off but your still at spawn and people can see and i know people wont hesitate to try and steal dropped items and i feel like this was not thought of before the reset when they decided to add the not being able to pick items up on other players items. trading huts are ideal with/without being able to trade on other peoples islands because its more secure and i would not make the trading huts a donor thing only cause that makes the server look like its a pay to win and not all people like that. just my thought on the hole thing i know some staff dont like me cause i have my own skyblock server and i see things differently than staff and im not shy to speak my mind XD and if cap has things planned other then mini games then thats good but i feel like things more very slowly for a server with this many loyal players and donators. Like maj i was told it wasnt going to be until lula got on and made it. Me and another player on this server both made the mob arena for my server and people loved it but im not going to say their name to protect them, i will not say yes or no if someone starts naming names cause i dont want people blowing them or mad at them. its not hard the plugin is simply to use. if you know how to use worldedit/worldguard then you can make the mob arena i have a feeling cap doesnt like me very well and cap if you read this i understand why but to let you know if you ever need help with the simplest thing let me know i know how to set config mob arena and much more i know you have "people" for that but it you need the extra help as you may be busy with school/sports same with other staff, school/sports. I work from home and im graduated so i could be on during those times with to work on such plugins/mob area or whatever it may be. im not asking for a rank/staff position im just trying to offer my help thats all i have to say if someone feels that i should post this else where you let me know and ill copy and past it to said thread. Thanks

-Lilcrash15

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Destro15

Destro15 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Lil, May I ask, why dont you go on another server to play what you want??

8. LookAtMrLee

Ratings:
    +9 / -0
    Lilcrash I do not know who told you that the MA will not be set up until Lula can get on but we have set the MA up, we just haven't opened it up yet. There are other things planned and we are working towards getting them done. There are certain issues we have to address first with the Skyblock Plugin but once they are all sorted things will work very smoothly. Now please be patient.

Many Thanks
    OmgItsLee

9. Enderboy8080

Enderboy8080 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / -0
    I suggest using proper sentences and paragraphs. It's really hard to read when you don't use punctuation and capitalization properly, long with necessary paragraphs. You may be an older player and know a little bit about plug-ins and such, but please communicate it properly.

Now I know this server does have improvements to work on, but I think they are doing one thing at a time. This is purely a skyblock server too. Mob arena is also already built, so no need to offer to build it. They are just working in the kinks of it so it is working properly.

My tips on offering help, is just like anything else in the world. You need to be professional about everything :p

I've seen servers come and go and how servers work (but I don't have too much experience with plug-ins and code), and given the amount of people working on this server, it will just take a little bit of time to get each little bug fixed.

~maginghero

10. MrLohrdyMoose

Ratings:
    +1 / -8
    maginghero you said ma j is already built is cap only having one arena again or are they going to make different arenas?

11. Destro15

Destro15 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    MA Is actually currently built, its just staff have not opened it to the public because of maybe some slight issues.

The staff have a lot to sort out due to the fact of people abusing powers, I saw Jett came on yesterday (For me) And was sorting something out with spawners, and also the fact that /thor has been used so regularly abusively that they need to think of what to do about it.

Also if your fed up with Skyblock, play Skygrid, that's caps other server, it might be a similar aspect, but it can help you get away from Skyblock :p

And mate, sort out your grammar please :d

~Dest

12. Enderboy8080

Enderboy8080 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / -0
    He knows more than me, but they are fixing the glitches that mob arena had and implementing the 1.8 plug-in for it. I think they are making more mob arenas too, but one thing at a time :)

13. LookAtMrLee

Ratings:
    +9 / -0
    Right rather than people trying to guess and work out what is happening I will let you know. The Mob Arena is and has been built for a little while now. There were no issues with it we just hadn't opened it yet, But it is now up and running for everyone at the moment :)

We had to put the server down for a while over the past couple of days while we were fixing some issues with some of Islands which needed to be corrected. As far as we are aware the Server should be up and working properly from now on. We only Put the server down for maintenance when we have to. Please be patient when it is down, but it will all benefit you in the long run :)

Cheers
    OmgItsLee/Quack196

14. MrLohrdyMoose

Ratings:
    +1 / -8
    we need to have a supply for more staff:) lol
    so my app can get reviewed

15. Enderboy8080

Enderboy8080 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / -0
  16. MrLohrdyMoose

Ratings:
    +1 / -8
  17. Destro15

Destro15 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    you sort of were,
    thats sort of begging for it

18. LookAtMrLee

Ratings:
    +9 / -0
    Also in your Original post you say something along the lines of "really hope I am accepted as staff" just a word of warning, the more you keeping talking about becoming staff or asking if we have read the application or asking if we need staff etc. you are less likely to become staff. Just saying :)

OmgItsLee/Quack196