Server Transfer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by captianbob, Jul 1, 2015.

1. captianbob

captianbob Active Member Immortal

Ratings:
    +149 / -0
    We are currently in the process of transferring hosts. I have been getting a lot of complaint about lag, and we have found a new host that has promised to fix the lag. So, in this transfer, i would like to ask you guys(players) a question.
    When we transfer, do we want a OSB 2.0, or do we not want to reset, and keep it the way it is. If we reset, we will have possibly a new spawn, New Mob Arena, New SkyWars Mini Game plugin, A New PVP Arena, and possibly more. I want you guys to comment what you think below, give any ideas, suggestions and what ever else you think could help the server.

Thanks,
    OSB Staff
    Captainbob, Dragoon12400

2. UniTroll

UniTroll New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    I think a OSB 2.0 in 1.8 would be nice one of the only skyblocks in 1.8

3. lumberjack46

lumberjack46 New Member God

Ratings:
    +2 / -0
    i think it is very admirable that you are leaving it up to the players to help make this decision. if we upgrade skyblock, and get those new zones in, it will greatly increase player numbers, both members and donors. if we stay the same, thats just it, the server stays the same. i will agree on the publics vote as well

• Like Like x 1
  4. skopiok

skopiok New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    I vote for the OSB 2.0, 1.8 is better :d

5. Relax_Randy

Relax_Randy New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Is it possible to just redesign spawn and add these new things without affecting current islands? if so that would be great. If not, will there be an option to choose different starting island styles? That might be a cool feature to add.

6. white_shark96

white_shark96 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / -0
    I would say yes if we could have the same amount of money we had and the donor ranks, I care about the islands, but this is something that we can repair with a bit of time playing

I have change my mind xD I am good as I am playing now, a change of IP wont need any reset to be done so I wouldnt like that u reset all the islands

Sry for my english

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015
  7. AllDatJumboJazz

AllDatJumboJazz New Member Extreme

Ratings:
    +10 / -2
    I think that with this new host it would be possible to transfer all of our stuff to the other server? Because we just recently had a reset a few months ago.

8. Fan_Of_Diamonds

Fan_Of_Diamonds New Member God

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    I would prefer the server didn't reset because it has done this enough as it is. If it were to though, we as old players (players who are on the server now) should get something as a head start. Like a spawner or some money etc. If you do restart the server, please allow Iron Golem spawning. Not even by spawners if you don't want to, just spawning by villagers. 1.8 would be a big jump and some people may have to leave the server. Some players' computers may not be able to handle Minecraft in 1.8 and if that is the only choice, they will be in a predicament.

9. RubyRose2151

RubyRose2151 Member God

Ratings:
    +21 / -12
    I Prefer The Server Stay Non-Reset Because one it would make people leave the server over rage and then people would start leaving bad reviews .. i have seen this myself on a couple of servers

10. DaniTheKiller485

DaniTheKiller485 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    I say yes because the server is 1.7 and 1.8 adds a whole lot of new stuff also because a lot of players were complaining about lag and some even quit just because that, and also sky block should be fun not just building on your islands all the time, pvp and mob arena are an example, pvp is fun for players that are experienced and mob arena should be good for players that are new and like a lot of players have been saying iron golems may be a good idea because you can get iron from them and sell them and iron golems don't create lag because they don't spawn in huge numbers like normal mobs having mob arena and pvp back would be a great addition i remember i used to go on mob arena & pvp a lot btw tank is the best or also the guy with the gold armor & potions of swiftness healing & damage potions :p :d just my opinion don't start a riot about it

• Like Like x 1
  11. segagamer20611

segagamer20611 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    i vote for osb 2.0 because i want 1.8 items so i can built amzingly cool things with 1.8 items

12. DeathBlast

DeathBlast New Member God

Ratings:
    +14 / -1
    I'm 100% into the idea of a transer, and everything that comes along with!

13. Littlelulabear

Littlelulabear New Member Extreme

Ratings:
    +22 / -0
    Im not about 1.8 because we tried it before and there were so many problems and glitches. Then we lost much of our players and I wasnt able to play either because my computer isnt compatible either.

14. Cqre

Cqre New Member Extreme

Ratings:
    +8 / -7
    My Pc Cant Handle 1.8 Either, I Think It's Fine As Is :d

• Like Like x 1
  15. Cqre

Cqre New Member Extreme

Ratings:
    +8 / -7
    Osb 2.0 would be sick ! but is there a way we can still stay in 1.7 my pc is old and kinda sucks

16. TheFallenRey

TheFallenRey New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    1.8 is Laggy, Just keep it the way it is, itz Fine

17. RubyRose2151

RubyRose2151 Member God

Ratings:
    +21 / -12
    Okay So You Think That we should upgrade But In PvP Some People Lose Valuable Items [God Gear] And Then Rage And Quit Because The Other Person Wont Give It Back I Agree With Mob Arena But They Could Just Add Those WithOut Restarting The Server

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015
  18. captianbob

captianbob Active Member Immortal

Ratings:
    +149 / -0
    If you don't want to lose items' Don't play PVP

• Like Like x 1
  19. Fan_Of_Diamonds

Fan_Of_Diamonds New Member God

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    I just want the server to have IG farms again
    those were the days <3

20. ItachiArcanum

ItachiArcanum New Member God

Ratings:
    +0 / -1
    If there is gonna be a new shop in the transfer then hell yes 1.8 is the way to go.