A poll regarding the reintroduction of trails

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kakalavala, Mar 25, 2018.

How should trails be reintroduced?

1. Via a Trails Crate with very cheap keys

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. A Trails Shop

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Not at all

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Kakalavala

Kakalavala Member Skymaster

Ratings:
    +34 / -0
    So, I removed all trails from every crate, this means that trails are no longer obtainable. The question is, how should we re-add trails, or rather, how would you guys prefer trails be reintroduced? I've come up with 2 solutions:
    • Make a buyable Trails Crate (keys will be very cheap)
    • Or just straight up make them buyable in their own shop.
    Of course this will all be with in-game money, of course. I'm leaning more towards the trails shop, it'll just be annoying to setup. If enough people agree that trails don't even need to be reintroduced, I just won't both putting in a method to get them, as they're pretty useless and just end up lagging more people, and they don't even look all that great either.

So go ahead and vote in the poll, we'll see how this goes.

EDIT:
    Just to clear things up, trails are not being reintroduced into the normal crates (i.e. DB, Vote, Golden, and Rare). They will receive their own individual crate. Also, there won't be both a shop and a crate, it'll be one or the other. If it's a crate then no shop, and if it's a shop then no crate.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  2. 1stGlitch

1stGlitch Well-Known Member Staff Member Admin

Ratings:
    +277 / -0
    I think most people preferred the old trail system, I remember we switched about a year ago due to compatibility issues but I do believe those issues have since been resolved. You use to see people buying trails from the server store all the time (2/$5) and now I rarely see people even using them. I think if you do choose to reintroduce them (which I think you should) it should be with the legacy system.

If you do a trails shop I have a couple ideas of how you could make this interesting, need some time to ponder though.

~Glitch

3. DirtyCobble

DirtyCobble Active Member Skymaster

Ratings:
    +73 / -4
    I have only tested the trails when I first received one from the crates, just to see what it looked like when turned on. I don't care for them personally, and Kaka mentioned the lag it causes, which makes my vote easy. Get rid of them. Thanks for making this a post and especially for removing them from crates.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sieanx

Sieanx Crazed Lunatic Titan

Ratings:
    +50 / -0
    I like the idea of a new system for trails, I would prefer seeing them elsewhere besides in the regular crates because it leaves room for more prizes such as valued blocks ect, if you make a separate crate for randomised trails or one for premium trails something like it does free up the space c: a new GUI is ambitious but i'm sure that would be decent too