Information would be nice.

Discussion in 'Website and Server Suggestions' started by Viktor_Xen, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Viktor_Xen

Viktor_Xen New Member Elite

Ratings:
    +8 / -0
    I'd simply like to offer the feedback that it is frustrating for many that a news post hasn't been made
    concerning the inability for players to connect. Yes, some are aware that something is being done at spawn,
    but the most recent news post in early december gives the impression that staff doesn't care about including the community in the goings on whatsoever. at the same time, players need to understand that there is no way to answer the question "when can we connect?" when working on servers, it takes a lot of digging through files, changing settings, restarting the server, and testing to see if the problem is fixed. usually even 'simple' fixes can take longer than expected. additionally, real life doesn't stop. the person with access may also have a job, school, kids, family, significant others, and basic human needs like food and sleep - important things... and furthermore may not even be in your time zone . despite that, The staff could help people calm down by sharing the human side of this and by communicating the timeline that will not be changed (real life) players can understand what to expect and have something to look forward to rather than stagnating in the shoutbox with no responses when all they'd like to do is get back to the companionship of their online friends and personal projects. I look forward to getting back to playing with you all, and I hope my opinion can be received by players and staff alike as constructive...

• Like Like x 6
  2. Borked

Borked Member God

Ratings:
    +91 / -2
    I totally agree with this. I have sort of tried to push to get new things pushed to the "News" section on the front page, but it's never really been a priority. I really think that either more staff should have access to push posts to the News section, or the higher staff should utilize the function. Players aren't really clued in on upcoming updates, problems, or really anything for the most part. The News area should be used to give a timeline of when issues may be fixed, to show the top players of the month, and to maybe even include some other topics. The forums just seem sort of dead when the front page hasn't been updated for several months. Overall though, I totally agree with you on everything you said.

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. ShaeSnow

ShaeSnow Member God

Ratings:
    +52 / -13
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Viktor_Xen

Ratings:
    +8 / -0
    Shae, I fail to see how your post contributes to the conversation... :/

• Like Like x 1
  5. ShaeSnow

ShaeSnow Member God

Ratings:
    +52 / -13
    Fake News because sometimes there's a shroud of secrecy to what they are doing when it would be easier to let us players in the loop a little and offer more info other than "Staff stuff leave us alone". also why the warning point?

6. itdave

itdave Well-Known Member Extreme

Ratings:
    +266 / -21
    lmao where'd you get a warning point from? i didnt even see anything you posted bad haha

7. RubyRose2151

RubyRose2151 Member God

Ratings:
    +21 / -12
    probs the same place i did

8. ItzLovebug

ItzLovebug New Member Immortal

Ratings:
    +3 / -0
    we will work on getting on the site and posting more about updates to do with the server. again sorry for not including you guys in the circle

9. ShaeSnow

ShaeSnow Member God

Ratings:
    +52 / -13
    Finally, someone who cares!! <333

• Like Like x 1
  10. Viktor_Xen

Ratings:
    +8 / -0
    I just don't get why you would call me fake news when I was trying to be honest and constructive.

• Like Like x 1
  11. itdave

Ratings:
    +266 / -21
    theres this thing.. i dont know if you heard it but its a pretty big trend that recently exploded on social media so i wouldnt be surprised if you didnt hear about it, but anyways they call it a "joke" and supposedly its suppose to be something not meaning to be real or factual but something to make you laugh or NE (nose exhale) which this fine person clearly did, pretty cool! next time make sure you check social media for facts before posting!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sraxis

Sraxis New Member Immortal

Ratings:
    +20 / -0
    I think you might be misinterpreting Shae's comment, Viktor.

13. itdave

Ratings:
    +266 / -21
    please fresh up on the rules of the fourms then as double posting is not allowed, and there is an edit button for a reason and even a delete button, but its okay since you didnt know

14. Sraxis

Sraxis New Member Immortal

Ratings:
    +20 / -0
    Thank you dave. :thumb:

• Like Like x 1