Voting Links

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1stGlitch, Feb 14, 2018.

1. 1stGlitch

1stGlitch Well-Known Member Staff Member Admin

Ratings:
    +277 / -0
  2. DirtyCobble

DirtyCobble Active Member Skymaster

Ratings:
    +73 / -4
    When will the forum show how many votes players have this month?

3. 1stGlitch

Ratings:
    +277 / -0
    Where would you like to see the count? We could do something like this on the user profile I suppose (proof of concept picture).
    [​IMG]

Always open to suggestions!
    ~Glitch

4. DirtyCobble

Ratings:
    +73 / -4
    That looks really cool. I love it!
    However, I was more referring to something that I could compare my votes to, like the old page had the top 5 voters numbers for the month. Then I could tell if I was behind or ahead of anyone.
    Is there a way to show both the personal profile things and a way to track what others are doing during the month as well?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. 1stGlitch

Ratings:
    +277 / -0
    Absolutely, that's the beauty of these forums, we're essentially limited to our imagination. I'll add in the profile field ASAP which you will be able to use in combination with the top players page to check the top 3 players votes (click the head to go to their profile page). This is just until I get the chance to add in a table to display the top 5 of course, I'm thinking a sidebar in the top playtime page which displays that as well as the top 5 playtime players. I guess we didn't realize people like seeing the actual values of the top players so much, but it makes sense I suppose, you want to see how far ahead/behind you are.

Thanks,
    ~Glitch

• Like Like x 2
  6. DirtyCobble

Ratings:
    +73 / -4
    Awesomesauce!!! Thanks so much 1stGlitch.:D

7. DirtyCobble

Ratings:
    +73 / -4
    I see the top 3 voter heads are showing in the top player part of the forum. But there still isn't anywhere that shows how many votes anyone has for the month. I keep bringing this up because I was in 1st place when the server went into reset mode. Also, I have not missed a single vote this whole month and I'm not one of the top 3 voters. How does that make sense? This is really frustrating to me because it takes time and planning to make sure I vote on a schedule that works for me. I have been trying to vote at a 12 hour difference to figure out which link has the 12 hour cool down, and none of them have let me get the bonus vote. I would really like to see this fixed so players will take the time to vote and support the server. But a broken or unfair feature in the server will just make players wonder if it's worth the time.

8. coolthom

coolthom Active Member Staff Member Admin

Ratings:
    +124 / -4

We are going to add the top 5 on the top players page soon. This months top voters aren't really legit so we'll filter those cheaty ones out. We will also count the votes from before the reset (February), so you have nothing to worry about if you keep voting daily.

Sorry for the delay.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. DirtyCobble

Ratings:
    +73 / -4
    Thanks Thomas. Good to know that staff is on it and informative. I gave you funny emoji because of all the chat screens below your name. Made my day! :D

• Like Like x 1