Auctions for everyone!

Discussion in 'Website and Server Suggestions' started by Alexandros, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Alexandros

Alexandros New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / -0
    Often new players asked how to do auctions, and are frustrated when they hear that you have to donate for it.

I can totally understand that the server need to earn money by donations and I am all for it, but might it be possible to make it so that you can unlock the auction abilitie for like 25k in game money? So you pay 25k once and then you can always start auctions.

If you start fresh on the server it takes a long time to get 25k so i think lots of people will still donate to get the auction abiltie faster, or dont want to lose 25k. On the other side if people hear you can unlock it with ingame money, they might play more to achieve this goal and stay longer on the server, (because not everyone can afford to donate / has parents that allow that). I think that way more people would play on the server and in the end you will also get more donations or atleast the same amount.

I think it would be very cool. thanks for reading, tell me what you think about it

EDIT: 25k was only a suggestion, could be also 10k or 100k

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  2. captianbob

captianbob Active Member Immortal

Ratings:
    +149 / -0
    I think this is possibly a thing we could add. But right now VIP is the most selling package, and this is because of the auction ability. It is an incentive to get people to donate. And yes, this could change now with the new EULA if we decide to update. I plan within 1 month, i will figure out what we are doing with the EULA and figure out what to do. Who knows. Maybe Fly you will be able to buy with 10Million in game money.
    Very well written, and i will think about it, thank you.

3. Alexandros

Alexandros New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / -0
    thx, np ^^

About the EULA, i dont think that selling kits with real money and at the same time selling the same kits with ingame money will be allowed (because it would still be a gameplay advantage for the people who payed real money, they spended less time to achieve the same goals that people achieved who dident donate). But anyways, nobody knows if mojang really gonna enforce their EULA, until now, they did nothing right? And even if they enforce it, they might only be able to hit the big servers (+500 player always online), there are so many servers out there, will be hard to enforce it on each of them.

Back to the auctions, what if you make auctions avaible for 250k, thats so much money. If someone then buys VIP they get an abilitie that is 250K worth. Its a bit like donating for 250k ingame money, wich is way to much for only VIP. I think that way VIP would stay the most selling package and you would also increase the fun on the server for people who dident donate (wich means more people, wich means more votes, wich means more people).

I played on diffrent skyblock servers, but noone of them had such a good economy system like this one :), thats why i play here, but i think it would be even a bit better for the economy if more people would be able to do auctions.

EDIT: Since this new EULA thing is comming up, i can understand that you might want to wait until things are more clear and then thing about making changes.

EDIT2: you could buy 1000 diamonds with 250k! so VIP kit would be worth more than 1k diamonds

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2014