Best Server Suggestions of 2016 (By Tropical)

Discussion in 'Website and Server Suggestions' started by Tropicalll, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Tropicalll

Tropicalll Active Member God

Ratings:
    +64 / -39
    Hello wonderful people. I have 2 amazing suggestions!!

1) Remove Clearlag.
    Clearlag should never be installed on a Skyblock server. Why? Well, first off Minecraft has a default "clearlag" but it takes longer than Clearlag itself. Countless times have players lost items due to clearlag. I've lost maxed armor, elytras, and tools. zjobke recently said in the shoutbox that he lost some items too. The only good thing that comes from Clearlag is mob cap. Mob cap is basically where only a certain amount of mobs can be spawned in that chunk, to reduce the amount of CPU being used and the amount of chunks loaded. Ditch Clearlag, and get a standalone Mob Cap plugin. NOT MOB STACKER.

2) Fix /espawner and /spawnmob.
    I mentioned this in another post, but I'll make it a separate thread. So Amanda informs use, hostile mobs and villagers were removed from these commands because they were "over powered" and we already had a "big advantage" over other players. Um what? You're telling me spawning pigs, cows, squid, and other passive mobs gives us donators an advantage? No. 99.9% of the time, passive mobs are used for food. Why would a donator need food with /feed? It makes no sense.

tl;dr: remove clearlag, and add hostile mobs and villagers to /espawner and /spawnmob.

I know these suggestions won't be added to the server. Almost all suggestions ever made have been denied (except for one of mine huehue.) It seems as if the Administration team of OriginalSB hates change. I'm 95% sure the Administration team has what you call a "fixed mindset". A person with a fixed mindset doesn't want change and doesn't taken constructive criticism.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. AmandaMarissa

AmandaMarissa Good Noodle God

Ratings:
    +192 / -0
    We take suggestions all the time. Just because we don't take yours doesn't mean that we don't. We do have a certain way we want to have the server running, so I guess you can say we have a "fixed mindset" but we are all open to suggestions. We even have polls on here all the time to see what you guys think of certain things. Clear lag is on the server to reduce lag and just keep the server clean. It warns you before clear lag happens so if you lose something to it, then it's your fault. We have all fallen victim to it here and there, but you know it's there. If you see the warning, be careful, it's as simple as that. Pretty much any survival type server you go on will have clear lag. I would like to talk to you a bit on your presentation here. There is no need to be rude. You can continue to make suggestions, but don't get upset when we discuss them and decide to not go with them.

3. ItzDrastic_

ItzDrastic_ Active Member Immortal

Ratings:
    +71 / -1
    Yeah in every skyblock server I ever played there was clear lag it is a good think i really does take some of the lag!

4. Tropicalll

Tropicalll Active Member God

Ratings:
    +64 / -39
    The only way Clearlag reduces lag is by chunk unloading, or if theres like 150+ entities. If your computer can't handle a few items on the ground, your running an intel i3 with like a GTX 670 lmao.

5. Shauniee

Shauniee Active Member Extreme

Ratings:
    +216 / -4
    I like Clearlag to be there because as you said, some peoples computers are just really bad and so lets just respect that one.

With regards to the /spawnmob and /espawner commands i do agree a hostile mob should be added, my original idea was that Zombie's should be added to /spawnmob and /espawner as they do only drop one kind of item (Or maybe even creepers because they drop gun powder and people may want it for potions?). - So it's not entirely what you're suggesting but more of a compromise.

P.S - I kind of enjoy that spawners are harder to get now because it gives it more of a challenge so theres a lot more to work towards now.

6. CrawMuss69

CrawMuss69 Active Member Titan

Ratings:
    +30 / -19
    I think you mean they are running a toaster mate.

7. ItzDrastic_

ItzDrastic_ Active Member Immortal

Ratings:
    +71 / -1
    i always agree with a pug so i agree with the pug!

• Like Like x 2