Server Resets

Discussion in 'Islands' started by NytherianAngel, Aug 9, 2017.

1. NytherianAngel

NytherianAngel New Member Extreme

Ratings:
    +2 / -0
    Hello everyone,

The server reset is coming up in 6 months, and although that is a long time away, I would like to know if there is an alternative to doing a complete reset.

Personally, I've spent a lot of time and effort on building my island and collecting supplies, and the thought of it all going away at one point or another is really discouraging. I understand that a server reset will help fix the economy and bring players who have already built everything on their island back, but I don't think that resetting the server is the only way to do this.

For example, balances could be reset every so often to refresh "/baltop", and players who are bored of their islands can choose to start over on their own, considering that "/is restart" is already an available option for everyone.

Additionally, if the reason to have a reset is related to overworking the server in island maintenance, there could be a policy where islands belonging to players who have been inactive for more than a certain amount of months are removed. The same policy could be applied to plots, so that more plots are open for new players to buy.

From what I've seen, a lot of players have put a lot of money, time, and effort into their islands. I don't think that I'm the only one who would be discouraged from the idea that everything I build will be gone in a few months, and there are quite a few amazing islands out there that honestly deserve to stay where they are longer. I would really appreciate it if everyone took the time to consider the suggestions I've posted, and please, feel free to suggest any other ideas you all might have.

Thank you for your time!

-NytherianAngel :)

2. BambiGiggles

BambiGiggles New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / -0
    NytherianAngel's island is one of my favorites. Lots of planning goes in to every build and functionality is sacrificed for asthetics. My personal favorite style of builder.

My island would take a lot of time to replicate, although I don't have any crazy farms.

The thing is, I'm surrounded by 1 day player's islands. I've flown around a lot and never found an active player. This sucks, but whatever.

If I take a month or two to travel and come back and my island is deleted when no one else's was.. that would suck.

New players with an old fashioned iron farm on day one pop up all the time. That's pretty impressive, but not noteworthy to the community, or the economy at all. That's pretty sucky.

New players with a super efficient 25 water source manual carrot garden are paid nothing compared to the cactus farm guy. That sucks.

Imagine what baltop would be if no one's island ever reset. It's pretty one sided now after six months.

We have had cheated items on the server in the past. They boost players up in all sorts of hard to deal with ways without just banning them, but not everyone that gets bumped up by it is really to blame. Resets take care of those problems. Not resetting that would make bans the only fix. That sucks.

Having to start from scratch is great from time to time, but I'd never hit reset on just my island, even if I'll never have neighbors which makes me cry.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. itdave

itdave Well-Known Member Extreme

Ratings:
    +266 / -21
    *cough*