Suggestions for economy

Discussion in 'Website and Server Suggestions' started by zjobke, Jan 31, 2017.

1. zjobke

zjobke Member God

Ratings:
    +35 / -1
    Hello everyone, I got some sugestion to fix the economy a little bit.
    First of I would like to explain what breaks the economy.
    There's a certain amount of money being held by the players. This money gets spawned in by selling items in shop, buying it with real money or getting it from crates.
    Then there's ways to get rid of the money held by players. This moneys gets removed when players buy stuff in the shop.
    To keep the economy alive you will need the players to spend more money then they get to keep the total amount of money the players have low.
    So here are some suggestions to do that:
    -Make sure they actually buy stuff in the shop, dont give away spawners in crates or in xmasgifts, but give players only acces to it by letting them pay a lot of money for it.
    -Reduce the amount of money they can get from sellshops, or make the prices of the buyshop higher.
    -Maybe add more things for players to spend money on like games or ranks that are only able to get with in game money.

I got a very good suggestion for the last suggestion to fix the economy:
    Do you know these prison servers, where the goal is to get your rank as high as possible? That you start with A and need to go all the way to Z. It would be really cool if we added something like that to the server. that you start on rank A, and then you can buy rankupgrades to be able to get to better shops with better sellshops and more items in the buyshop to be able to do more on your island or make more money. Don't make too much of a change in sellshops, otherwise the high ranks will ruin the economy for the low ranks.
    If this will be added, I wanna give another hint to keep the economy alive. Make the rankupgrades very expensive, especially at the end, because I think the economy would be ruined as soon as many people have reached the last rank, so try to make it almost impossible to actually reach the end to keep the fun for everyone and to keep the economy alive.

I hope this was usefull.
    -zjobke

2. itdave

itdave Well-Known Member Extreme

Ratings:
    +266 / -21
    this is most helpful for a realistic server for people who actually want to have a try hard play through and a realistic economic enviorment. staff give out rewards like kit spawner and drop parties randomly because it keeps the community base up and make players want to come back, which is why they are always looking forward to adding new ideas that we find fun. if they dont do that then people have to work very hard to get to the top as a member compared to someone like an immortal who can just abuse their perks to gain profit where as a member cant. making things more purchasable from the store will also make this server ran by people with money. reducing prices from the sell shops are pretty horrible too because then everything costs too much and no one will want to buy anything, when they could just easily grind it out for themselves and save the trouble of going through getting money to buy it. and with your final reason of the rank system, this is a skyblock server, where you start on a tiny island and make it whatever you want it to be, the only reason why there is any economy shop or anything behind it is to make the experience less grindy and more fun, but then if you take skyblock and add more grind to it you get boredom and get a fanbase of people who only like to grind and not really socialize, which is pretty horrible for keeping a playerbase up and high consistently. oh and also to implement that you would have to reset the server, which is no fun. thats my 2 cents on it, great idea for a realistic server, but not very reliable as it takes a shot in the dark of finding players with that sense of fun, while the system right now is prettygood for what its meant to do, get players to come back and make money off of player shops and not the store shop, k ty

• Like Like x 3