??

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by hydraxfloral, Feb 23, 2019.

1. hydraxfloral

hydraxfloral New Member VIP

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    I was muted, not that big of a deal doesn't really affect me, but I said ass and a staff member took offense to it when I wasn't saying it towards him, and muted me for 15 minutes, which is expected. Then I talked in the discord, not knowing that it speaks in the server chat aswell, and I apologized I didn't know then racked up another 15 muted so 30 total, which is also fine and deserved. But then another member does the exact same thing as me gets muted for saying something offensive, for 15 minutes aswell and talks in the discord. but he only gets another 15? why do i get double the amount for the same action?

2. Sammie__

Sammie__ *~CookieQueen~* Overlord

Ratings:
    +234 / -0
    If he got a 15 min mute, and then another 15 min mute for bypassing that would also be a 30min total amount.
    So both mutes for the same reason (being rude/bypassing) are for 30mins total.

P.S* if you are reporting/appealing please try to write a post in the proper forums discussion board, and try to have a better subject so you can get helped better/faster.

• Like Like x 1
  3. hydraxfloral

hydraxfloral New Member VIP

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    sorry, i worded it wrong, I got a 15 minute mute and stacked up another 30 so 45 total

4. 1stGlitch

1stGlitch Well-Known Member Staff Member Admin

Ratings:
    +277 / -0
    Hi, I've been meaning to reply to this for sometime now.

Since this is posted in off-topic I assume it's just a general question about how our rules work (like Sammie posted above, if you want to report someone or appeal a punishment that's a different section).

Basically a staff member can mute someone for committing a chat related offense for any reasonable length of time at their discretion. All things are taken into account, should the player have known better or are they new? Were they intentionally breaking the rules or was it an accident? Have they committed similar offenses in the past? Remember, it's not a perfect system as staff are only human just like everyone else. I wasn't present for the specific events which you have referenced but I assume it was more or less a misinterpretation. You said you were unaware that typing in the #skyblock chat in discord sent your message to the server, that's understandable enough, but to a staff member who just muted you, it appears as if you're purposely bypassing that mute. It's hard to compare any 2 cases directly because you don't always know all the information, maybe there was more to the story that took place over private messages or even voice chat.

Part of the problem is that when you are muted on the server, you are not automatically muted on the discord which leads to quite a lot of accidental bypassing. This is something that we are actively working on resolving even as I type this.

I hope this clears up any confusion,
    ~Glitch

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1