Another server suggestion!

Discussion in 'Website and Server Suggestions' started by Merlin, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Merlin

Merlin New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Ok so, Im thinking, I know a plugin that can make it join from 1.11 down to 1.8 or 1.5 etc its called ProtocolSupport, I think this would be another great feature added to the server! Like if you went from a 1.8 server and wanted to go here you would have to change version, but ProtocolSupport fixes that!

Click me for link

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2016
  2. CrawMuss69

CrawMuss69 Active Member Titan

Ratings:
    +30 / -19
    I don't think it works like that. It does if you want it the other way round (To join from a higher client to a lower server version.)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Merlin

Merlin New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Thats what I meant!

4. CrawMuss69

CrawMuss69 Active Member Titan

Ratings:
    +30 / -19
    They already have that

5. Dominem

Dominem Active Member Extreme

Ratings:
    +107 / -0
    I took a look at the plugin and this line right here seems to be the solution to the disagreement (or lack thereof).
    So, the server is 1.10 and the clients can be anything below that. So I'd be able to log in in 1.5 to the server.
    I don't really see the point in it... You can join the server if you're in 1.9 (I believe) and higher, so is there really a need for any lower? It just doesn't seem necessary

• Like Like x 1
  6. SunnyFeather

SunnyFeather New Member VIP

Ratings:
    +20 / -1
    I like this idea because I play on other servers with like 1.8 and stuff so this can be handy when I want to play here after playing on another server. I support it 100%.

7. Tropicalll

Tropicalll Active Member God

Ratings:
    +64 / -39
    Hope you realize, that you can't add that plugin, without fully resetting the server. As most islands and spawn include blocks exclusive to 1.10, and then when users login using a version below 1.10, it would simply corrupt the worlds and pretty much all the files.