Community Enderman Farm in the End

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by _Guo32861_, Aug 17, 2017.

1. _Guo32861_

_Guo32861_ New Member Extreme

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    I feel as if it might be a good idea to build an enderman xp farm for the server to use... However, I'm concerned about the possibility of griefing as the end isn't protected like our islands, and there is no guarantee that even if the farm is built with community use in mind, that it won't be torn down by someone for resources.

Would there be a way to make certain chunks in the end protected with certain rules?
    If the farm were to be built then the chunks should be protected so that blocks can't be broken or places (unless with permission) but hostile mobs can be attacked and chests can be opened to retrieve enderpearls.

For max spawn rate, the surrounding 200 blocks worth of chunks might also have to be protected...
    Let me know your opinion on this suggestion :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Zigoul

Zigoul New Member Extreme

Ratings:
    +15 / -1
    I think having an enderman XP farm would be an excellent idea, especially for those starting out. Though I do not think the surrounding 200 CHUNKS would need to be protected. I believe making the farm 200 blocks away from anything else is sufficient. The farm would simply need to be built 200 blocks away from the main end island. With nothing but void around it.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2017
  3. Parker909

Parker909 New Member God

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
  4. AmandaMarissa

AmandaMarissa Good Noodle God

Ratings:
    +192 / -0
    Nice idea! I'll make sure to mention this in the next stuff meeting and get back to you on the decision.