ECO Change Poll

Discussion in 'Website and Server Suggestions' started by grieferKep, Jun 26, 2016.

1. grieferKep

grieferKep New Member

Ratings:
    +9 / -1
    Ayo, this thread is just a poll on an eco change, obviously this would require a reset,but there are a lot of mixed opinions on the economy. Vote and maybe staff will take it into consideration if we have multiple yes votes. Also leave your suggestions on what could be made different.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Tropicalll

Tropicalll Active Member God

Ratings:
    +64 / -39
    No, it should not be reset.

1) People have worked hard to get where they are
    2) It shouldn't be reset just because some people are mad they don't have as much money as others.

Yes the eco is messed up. But not messed up enough for a reset. I think what we could do is fix shop prices, instead of diamonds being $15 at players shop and $300 at shop.

3. Shauniee

Shauniee Active Member Extreme

Ratings:
    +216 / -4
    We've gone 8 months without resetting the server, which is the longest we've gone before resetting (and we only reset because of issues with the host). The economy isn't the best atm (Beacons & Dragon eggs are basically worthless), most servers with economies reset all the time and so we do plan to eventually reset the server (not right now!). People have worked hard for what they have yes, but it's not like these things can't be gained again.

• Like Like x 2
  4. grieferKep

grieferKep New Member

Ratings:
    +9 / -1
    Its not that people are mad that others have more money. Its that everything is so expensive in the shop and nothing thats worth doing to make money other than clicking your mouse at pigmen all day. ALOT of sb servers use farms as income and on our server, farms are worthless.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2016
  5. Tropicalll

Ratings:
    +64 / -39
    Farms are worthless? Thats how everyone makes their money.. Gold farms, iron farms, and tbh I've made alot of money from selling potatoes xd. So no, not all farms are worthless. Some farms such as wheat and cactus are useless, but not all farms are.

6. 109thomas

109thomas New Member

Ratings:
    +18 / -0
    I think that the shop should be redone, but don't need the whole eco to reset. I say make things like gold, iron, potatoes, carrots, ect...sell for more(Yes,I know that iron and gold don\t sell in the shop but I think they should). So I say some of the selling prices should be redone in the shop, but we don't need a full reset.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tropicalll

Ratings:
    +64 / -39
    aye, great minds think a like.

8. 109thomas

109thomas New Member

Ratings:
    +18 / -0
  9. Reags

Reags Guest

Ratings:
    +3 / -4
    It's pointless to do the shop. If we sell iron and gold, donors will run the economy seeing as they get it in kits. There is a reason why it doesn't sell in the shop. I get that you get more iron/gold from farms but that doesn't work for new players, if it does sell it'll be something stupid and then pointless to sell. So it's kinda useless to re-do the shop, in my opinion. See, I hate the economy because literally everything is worthless now. So because of that, money should be more easy to make? So money becomes worthless too?

10. Panteon

Panteon Member Extreme

Ratings:
    +48 / -0
    Fools seldom differ. Especially when they're unable to quote something without a spelling mistake.

11. grieferKep

grieferKep New Member

Ratings:
    +9 / -1
    Don't get me wrong Reags, but if its your server and you see that everything is worthless, why not fix it?

12. Reags

Reags Guest

Ratings:
    +3 / -4
    It isn't my server? I don't get paid, I don't get anything that the server gets. All I do is make the server. It's Cap's server, of course I say what I think is best for the server and what I think we should do and he just tells me do whatever I think is best but there are times where we disagree. Sure, I would absolutely love a reset but that doesn't mean I'm going to go and make one, there's other things to think about other than myself and what I want. There's players to think about and I 100% know most of them don't want a reset and in my opinion that's the only way to fix the economy. We will reset eventually but at this current time I don't think it's needed, it's not too broken yet to cause a reset.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  13. Tropicalll

Ratings:
    +64 / -39
    @Reags
    im on mobile so i cant quote. So you're saying everything is "worthless". That is incorrect. Whenever I first joined the server (2 or 3 weeks ago) I valued every resource I had. i thought of cobble as a resource, not something that is easy to get. Items become "worthless" as you progress. Of course if you have 500k, dragon eggs, beacons, etc are worthless. But you need to think about the new players, not our current playerbase. To new players, lava is rare. Beacons are goals af. If you reset every like 4 months because items become "worthless" you'll stop gaining players and you'll turn up like .co

• Like Like x 1
  14. ShaeSnow

ShaeSnow Member God

Ratings:
    +52 / -13
    There needs to be more buying options in the shop just saying....

15. Reags

Reags Guest

Ratings:
    +3 / -4
    When things are selling for much less then they used to be, it becomes worthless. New players get these items really easy, these items used to be hard to get. Cobble is easy to get if you just mine for hours, I know it could be boring but it's that easy. People have all these free farms now so it's easy for a new player to get started. Even if items aren't worthless to new players, I think getting 15 beacons in a matter of a week or so is kinda ridiculous, same with dragon eggs. As I already said, there isn't going to be a reset so I have no idea why you're even saying this to me like it's going to be reset. This is the longest time we've had without a reset (8 months, not 4) and there is no planned reset yet. You don't need to tell me this like I already don't know, I know we will lose players if it was reset. I hate the economy not just because items are worthless (although it is one of the main reasons for me), the economy is basically run by xp. Get spawners, sell xp, get money, sell a few farming items now and then, buy more spawners, sell xp, get money, repeat. It's boring in my opinion. And re-doing the shop won't change this due to people already having all the farms and items they need. I get the new players won't have those things but the way people are suggesting the shop to be changed just means they get money more easily then it is now meaning they get these items more quickly seeing as the players sell dragon eggs for about 1k-5k, spawners for about 10k-20k etc. (I may not be completely accurate with these prices but it's what I've seen).

What else would you need to buy in the shop? o.o

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  16. grieferKep

grieferKep New Member

Ratings:
    +9 / -1
    Bulk shop for donors, donors also should have discounted items from the shop not just random new things.

17. Reags

Reags Guest

Ratings:
    +3 / -4
    So donors run the economy? Seems like a terrible idea, not going to lie.

18. grieferKep

grieferKep New Member

Ratings:
    +9 / -1
    how is this a terrible idea? On the old server we had both. We even had a member shop because you were logged into as a "guest" and you had to earn your member rank, when you got your member rank you got to go to the member shop. if you donated you got access to the donor shop and donor/member all had discounted items, I'm not saying implement the member thing, its just something to work off of. If we gave our money to the server damn right we should be able to have more access than "members" but let me stop before I piss you off.

19. Reags

Reags Guest

Ratings:
    +3 / -4
    Donors already have so much more perks than members do, if you donated you already get kits, you already get another shop with different items, you already get a hell of a lot more commands then members do. Let the members have a chance of getting something fair into the game. It's completely unfair that donors would get things for less at a shop. How would this help the economy? Making it donor based will not help in anyway. We had something like this before and it was so bad. I don't think I need to remind you that this isn't .co and is run differently. I think it's a terrible idea and I did talk to other staff about it too and they also think it's a bad idea.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  20. grieferKep

grieferKep New Member

Ratings:
    +9 / -1
    take away our kits, thats like the biggest problem you keep stating.

• Like Like x 1