ECO Change Poll

Discussion in 'Website and Server Suggestions' started by grieferKep, Jun 26, 2016.

1. aNigerianSnipar

aNigerianSnipar New Member

Ratings:
    +21 / -8
    Instead of completely resetting the economy... It would be much better to just rework some of the shop prices. The only issue with the current economy is that it is xp-based/trade-based. If there were more options for making money (such as better prices for selling items in the shop), the economy would be much better off.

2. Tropicalll

Tropicalll Active Member God

Ratings:
    +64 / -39
    Exactly, it's not that hard to fix shop prices.

• Like Like x 1
  3. captianbob

captianbob Active Member Immortal

Ratings:
    +149 / -0
    How about we take away the shop? The shop isn't supposed to be used for everyone, its there for players who are new. This server needs to run on the players items. Make your own shop, compete to make it the best.

• Like Like x 1
  4. XbFTB

XbFTB Member Extreme

Ratings:
    +33 / -37
    No offense intended, but that's honestly a terrible idea.

Makes it so that only donators that have access to /setwarp and the best kits control the server's economy in its entirety, with no "central bank" to compete with anyone who has such a great donator kit or such a surplus of money that they essentially have a monopoly on a singular item that is incredibly rare otherwise and was bought up mostly by one merchant. If this were to happen, someone could make an item however expensive they want to and no one could compete.

• Like Like x 1
  5. captianbob

captianbob Active Member Immortal

Ratings:
    +149 / -0
    But because of how many donors there are, and how spread out everything is then it wouldn't really be an monopoly. The prices between the items would be more competitive, possibly making them lower in order to persuade people to come to your shop.

One of the thins i did on my old server was we had shop plots, that you would buy from the server and an admin would Worldguard it so you could build there. This "mall" area was connected to spawn so it was easy to get to. We had a simple shop that sold maybe like 20 items? The economy relies around the players, not the server shop. So make it worth something.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2016
  6. Manderus99

Manderus99 New Member

Ratings:
    +6 / -0
    That's actually a genius idea :p I think I played on a server once with something similar to this and it was really fun xD

7. iCrayz

iCrayz New Member God

Ratings:
    +5 / -0
    (I'm on phone so this Wont be easy, I'm not seeking argument fights Or anything) When you Said that donors should get discount from shops And better stuff. I disagreed with you there. First of all, isn't donation to show your appriciation to the server and help It survive. + a bonus, you get a bunch of commands on what type of donation status you have. But it would be unfair and The economy would break down totaly. If the new players with No cash Or items gets the expensive shops and we donors who (most of the players) played a while and got rare items (and cash). I mean, we already get , for example /kit god and that gives me like alot of different type of blocks and Iron etc. I bet this sounded all stupid But it's My own opinion.

8. Giraffe_x

Giraffe_x New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    Player run shops are a good idea, but maybe the server shop should still run but sell only basic items and at lower prices than they are at the moment

9. grieferKep

grieferKep New Member

Ratings:
    +9 / -1
    https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/better-shops.1758/
    Can we add this plugin and remove the shop entirely?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Moss97

Moss97 New Member Elite

Ratings:
    +5 / -3
    @GriferKep
    I am also from the old server, with the old system of donor shops and member shops, you could just befriend a donor, and get discounted items by simply paying them. This server should not try to copy the old one, the old one had problems, and we clearly can remember where that brought it.

In my opinion, and I have only been here for a week on this new server. I don't think it is all that bad. The economy does seem a little jacked, but that is just how things go with server shops that have unlimited inventories. It is impossible to not have lowered values of items if people can infinitely grind money.

My opinion is that donors don't even need their own shop. I understand that it is incentive to get people to pay money to keep the server running and without any reward for the money they "donate" most players wouldn't. But, I don't think that Donors should be treated as celebrities, and they do not deserve special treatment. I know that is the unpopular opinion. But that is my two cents on the matter.

Feel free to disagree with me, that is your right as a human.

-Moss

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Dominem

Dominem Active Member Extreme

Ratings:
    +107 / -0
    One thing I recently have realized is how differently the two servers are. They're not at all the same. One functioned on relying on tightly enforcing the little rules that they had and the other relies on loosely enforcing the many rules. The only thing I would bring over from the old server to the new one was the guest to member thing, because it gave new members a reason to stay long enough to enjoy the server. Here, it's effects would be amplified because people already do stay. This would make more people stay more. And donators do have many more perks than members, but remember that the point of donating according to Mojang shouldn't be for the perks, it should be to support a server.
    And honestly having a donator run economy is not the best of ideas. At the very least it'd elevate the egos of those who donate and make there so much of a wider gap between the donors and the members that new members would feel dissuaded to stay, because they haven't been on the server long enough to feel that donating is worth it in the long run. Members become even more financially dependent on the donators for any items, making them more frustrated and the donors more egotistical. The only thing it does is make less of an economy and a bigger gap between the members and donators.

12. Moss97

Moss97 New Member Elite

Ratings:
    +5 / -3
    Completely agree with the Guest to Member rank. It allows for the player to have something to achieve more than just the cash approach. I believe that you had to complete what 20 challenges in the old system in order to reach member status. And it really makes you feel like you have achieved something for a guest. It promotes playing more in order to achieve the rank.

13. aNigerianSnipar

aNigerianSnipar New Member

Ratings:
    +21 / -8
    Just saying I made 250k before getting a donor rank in like 2 weeks -,- Its not hard to make money with the current economy....

• Like Like x 1
  14. mchernshev

mchernshev New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / -0
    There's no point in reset every 6-8 months simply because it will only temporarily change something.
    Inflation will always exist on this server, since the resources are infinite and are gathered through AdminShop. This is the unfortunate fate of Minecraft economy and there is no possible way to change it.