Jailed by Wolfdale

Discussion in 'Reports' started by egatloVVoltage, Jul 23, 2022.

1. egatloVVoltage

egatloVVoltage New Member Extreme

Ratings:
    +5 / -0
    Hello all,

Today Wolfdale has jailed me and refused to let me out after he witnessed me using Litematica. I have always used Litematica on this server and have played for a while. This is my third wipe. I also know other players have used the mod to transfer schematics from their test worlds etc which is exactly what I do.

Can someone please show me where in the rules it states I cant use this mod so the jail can be justified? It feels like 'Helper' abuse of power currently.

Thanks in advance

Voltage

2. 1stGlitch

1stGlitch Well-Known Member Staff Member Admin

Ratings:
    +277 / -0
    Hi Voltage,

Thank you for your report. Our rule regarding client modifications is that if it gives you an unfair game play advantage then it's not allowed. Unfortunately, it's not realistic for us to list every single mod and whether or not it is allowed because there are so many possibilities, as well, mods are constantly evolving and changing. For this reason, we generally try to be lenient when addressing issues surrounding the use of mods, for an example, rather than jumping to ban a player, we're more apt to do a short jail.

Regarding Litematica, certain features are allowed, however not all of them are. Saving a schematic of your own build is absolutely allowed, as I'm sure you recall, we even give players the opportunity to download their island before our annual map reset, so we're definitely supportive of players saving their work. However, saving schematics of other peoples builds or server builds (like spawn) is only allowed if you have the permission of the person who built it. This rule is in place to respect that not everyone is necessarily okay with people downloading their hard work. Using Litematica to assist you in building a schematic (where it shows you where to place each block and you manually place it) is absolutely allowed, the only caveat to this is we ask that if you are building a schematic that is of someone else's build, that you do not than falsely advertise that it is your own original design. Finally, using Litematica (or any mod) to build in such a way where the blocks are being automatically placed for you (commonly referred to as "printer mode"), thus taking away the "manual" aspect of building, is most definitely not allowed. If our staff see that someone is building faster than humanly possible, then they will take the appropriate action, as this gives an unfair game play advantage.

I acknowledge that this information is not publicly posted alongside our server rules at spawn, but as I previously stated, it's simply not realistic for us to write up a list of dos and don'ts for every single possible client mod. Now we used to be able to automatically enforce all of the rules I noted above with the old "Schematica" mod, because the mod author was kind enough to include a way for servers to restrict usage of the mod when a player is on their server. Unfortunately, the Litematica mod author has been less cooperative and thus far has offered no such feature.

Having said all of this, I do understand your frustration of getting jailed if you genuinely had no idea you were doing anything wrong, and I do apologize if we were not as clear as we could've been regarding the types of things that are/aren't allowed with respect to client modifications. It is important to recognize that Dale was simply following the procedures that the administration team laid has out, and thus any frustrations you have should not be directed at him personally, and instead at us.

I do hope this helps to clarify things,

~Glitch