Maginghero's Suggestion Box!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Enderboy8080, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Enderboy8080

Enderboy8080 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / -0
    Hey guys :)
    Recently, I've been seeing a lot of disrespect towards players and staff which is hindering my playing. I came here to have a great community of people who are willing to help each other. Instead I see a lot of tension between players, etc.

This thread (for me at least) is hopefully a catalyst to different suggestions that myself and other players may have. If you have a suggestion about this server, post it here! I want this server to grow, and I think the forums is a great way because instead of dishing it out spamming chat in game, all talk can be preserved here and there is less hassle.

Without too much to say, I'll start us off xD
    I would like to say THANK YOU to the staff who actually listens to us :) I'm referring for giving all the players /tptoggle. I believe this will help stop players from getting /tp's that they don't want. Thanks again!

Suggestions:
    1. My other suggestions on a previous thread still stands. If staff can communicate whether they like them or not, that would be awesome :) Feedback is very important.

2. My older server had a dedicated thread for every update the server has. I'm bringing this up because I didn't know when you guys implemented /tptoggle. I found our from word of mouth, but that was all. If there was a dedicated thread as to what changes are made on this server after each update (big or small), that would keep up all updated as to what is going on with the server.

3. Nicknames. This has been a recent problem in the server, with too many nickname changes and inappropriate names. I think this can be easily resolved if only staff can change nicknames for other players. Players just request a nickname change (not too often) and the staff will see if it's appropriate or not. If it is, then they will grant the new nickname to the player.

4. Filter/spam/caps. You guys have tried this earlier and it didn't seem to work. May I ask in what way? I've seen some brilliant filters, where you can't spam the same command, and excessive caps won't work either. Is the problem because you can't spam commands either? Every time there is a global mute, commands don't seem to work, and that's a problem. If there is some way (coding or other) to differentiate the difference between commands and actual chat, I think it would start to work.

STAFF: Please give feedback on these suggestions because I've been to some really great servers with communities that are beyond amazing that have some of these implemented. If you can tell us why some of these don't work, or do, we would all appreciate that.

This thread will be changing with different suggestions getting added and taken out. Thanks for another long read, and I wish that from this, the community will be a good one :)

From the guy who writes too much,
    maginghero

2. captianbob

captianbob Active Member Immortal

Ratings:
    +149 / -0
    This is a great thread, gives me something to do when sitting in class at down time, which is when i check the forums most. The tptoggle was added just when mob arena was, to go with what the players wanted and what we thought they would enjoy. Me and Dragoon have been talking a lot about multiple things. Trying to figure out what we want to do.

As you may or may not know. We plan on merging into a network soon. The playerbase on this server is growing and becoming a great server full of great players. Along with my other server, SkyGrid. Me and Dragoon and IHASDDOS have been working on prison. We plan to open prison this weekend and get its player base going. As part of my plan, i will not share the ip with anyone at this time. As i want the the servers to each have a good playerbase. Why am i saying this? When this happens is when a lot of the updates to skyblock will come. I do not plan on merging the three servers until i can update skyblock to 1.8.1 or whatever the newest update is at that time. I am waiting for two new things to be updated to the skyblock plugin before we update. This may or may not cause a reset, i hope it won't but it may be necessary. So, this goes with your second question, the dedicated thread. This will be added, or the home/news page will be updated more with stuff like this, after the big update.

The nickname thing, as much as i understand why you would like it, can't happen. For multiple reasons. 1. The staff would be overwhelmed changing nicknames and not watching chat and helping players. 2. There are a lot of donors, and it would cause a lot of chaos and spam in the chat.

We have just found a new anti spam plugin we are going to try. We do not want the commands to be filtered, just the chat. Especially with skyblock this becomes an issue because if you fall off your island you will not be able to type /sb h. This becomes a huge problem for newer players and non donors.

3. Enderboy8080

Enderboy8080 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / -0
    Thank you captainbob for addressing each point!
    For the nicknames, I can understand that, but maybe you can allow nickname changes once a day or maybe even fewer? I get so confused who is who when people change their nicknames all to the same name (it was 3 "spongebob"s at one time). Nicknames should be an easier way to identify people, not name everyone confused and have to type /realname <nickname> all the time. My 2 cents on that, but it's not a big deal :p

I can't wait to try the new anti-spam plugin! A lot of spam these days that need to be filtered.

Another suggestion is:
    Can /is ban <player> work? All I want to do is not let people explore my island, but somehow, they still find a way to disrespect me by exploring my island. An example is pingisviktor came to my island warp (leaving my island open so others can buy things in my shop) and used /jump to get out and explore my island. I had my tptoggle off, but I knew he didn't tp to me. I tested out /is ban with a friend and even after I banned the person, the the list of banned people on my island is still <null>. Is it possible for that to be fixed?

4. captianbob

Ratings:
    +149 / -0
    The thing with the /is ban, is that the plugin isn't fully stable. The dev stopped working on it and it got taken off the bukkit site. Fortunately another dev, his friend has decided to keep working on the plugin. It is able to use, but is only a dev build, not fully stable. Before i update to it i need it to update two more things. /dev protectall, and it needs to be compatible with the UUID system.
    http://debocraft.x10.mx/skyblock/
    This is the website he is showing his progress and the downloads. So you can go hear if you want more on that matter.

5. Destro15

Destro15 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    I posted something yesterday but It didn't get through because enjin decided to crash on me, ill see what I can remember and put it here:

So I was thinking, gods shouldn't get /tp I Believe this is abused, some people don't know about /tptoggle so if they are tped to bye a player, and they don't want to be, then I believe again, this is abuse of the command /tp. So what im thinking is you give /tp to either overlord, titan, or just staff, because they are expensive ranks and overlord only has /weather and /time. And to fill in the slot in god, I think they should get /god back, I think this is a good way to balance out the higher $$ ranks.

Another suggestion is about PvP, you say that your not allowed to do /fly in it! However! There are people who often fly, and toggle home or out of the PvP arena. My suggestion is that there is a plugin, that if you get hit! And damaged or not damaged but hit. There is a 10 second delay before you can do /is h or /warp [name]. I think this would be a great way to stop people logging out of PvP

Thanks
    ~Dest

6. Enderboy8080

Enderboy8080 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / -0
    I think /tp can be left there now because /tptoggle does stop all /tp's. For players starting out, I guess they have to find out haha about /tptoggle :p

For pvp arena, I think /fly should be fully disabled right when you drop down (and into water? for no fall damage). I think Destro15s has a good suggestion of a 5-10 second delay after last hit, then you can /tp out. Kind of like Combat log in on a factions server where if you log off or /tp away, then you automatically die. Maybe when you do use /is h in the area, it takes 5-10 seconds of standing still before it teleports you too. Just a few suggestions :)

7. Destro15

Destro15 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    But I do think gods should get /god because it makes sense in the name :p

Yea thats what I meant to say: A combat log, I forgot the name

8. Kortias

Kortias New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    do a parkour at spawn :)

9. captianbob

Ratings:
    +149 / -0
    We are in the midst of making a new, bigger and nicer looking spawn. That'll have some new features added to it such as parkour. It should be coming this month sometime, maybe in early February. We may decide to do it when we update to 1.8.1 as well.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Destro15

Destro15 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    If we are updating to 1.8.1 will that mean all the islands will be reset?

11. captianbob

Ratings:
    +149 / -0
    We are not wanting to reset, which is why we are waiting. But we might have to reset to fix all the bugs.

12. _Radioactive_

_Radioactive_ Member God

Ratings:
    +12 / -1
    If there were a reset would ender chests reset too? also would ranks reset?

13. Destro15

Destro15 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Ranks wouldnt reset because we paid money for them, however ender chests could possibly reset