Movie Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Dominem, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Dominem

Dominem Active Member Extreme

Ratings:
    +107 / -0
    Hey so let's start up some discussion here.
    What's your most favorite movie / what movie did you enjoy thorougly and why? Remember, this is a discussion, so feel free to respond to others and politely discuss their choices.

I personally loved Interstellar. I thought the concept was interesting, the CGI was fantastic, and the characters were relatable despite flaws.

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. Shauniee

Shauniee Active Member Extreme

Ratings:
    +216 / -4
    I don't watch movies too often but my favourite type of movies are chick flicks, shocking right? My favourite movies to watch are things like; Easy A, Wild Child & Confessions of a shopaholic. Some big budget movies i really enjoy(ed) though are The Hunger Games & X-Men movies, i loved them so much it was beyond a joke. I would constantly search on youtube/google 'HUNGER GAMES REMAKE' 'HUNGER GAMES SPOILERS' 'HUNGER GAMES THEORIES', the books for The Hunger Games where good as well though! (I still think they should make Netflix series of each hunger games 1-75, so we can go into depth and see everything that went on through past games).

Popular movies i still haven't watched but have been told i need to:

Harry Potter (all of them)
    The Hobbit
    Starwars (lowkey typed skywars first oops)
    The Lion King (Sammie is gonna force me to watch it with her next week)

3. CrawMuss69

CrawMuss69 Active Member Titan

Ratings:
    +30 / -19
    All the marvel films have been boss, but my favourite movie of all time would probably be The Mechanic starring Jason Statham. It was a hard choice, because after watching a film a day for the past 6 months I have watched loads of good movies.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dominem

Ratings:
    +107 / -0
    You haven't seen Harry Potter? Have you read the books??
    I love marvel too. What's your favorite marvel movie? I enjoyed the first avengers a lot. I thought it was a nice bridge between the universes that made them also work. The Winter Soldier was a close second, though.

5. Shauniee

Shauniee Active Member Extreme

Ratings:
    +216 / -4
    Nope, never even read the books :eek:

6. Panteon

Panteon Member Extreme

Ratings:
    +48 / -0
    Unpopular opinion incoming, my favourite Marvel movie is Thor. Fight me (ง'̀-'́)ง

I don't really have an overall favourite movie though but I think The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Matrix, A Clockwork Orange, The Imitation Game and The Deep Blue Sea are definitely in my top 10. Do adaptations of plays count? If so, the 2009 version of Hamlet with David Tennant is somewhere up there too.

7. Dominem

Ratings:
    +107 / -0
    Thor was good and it's up there but it's not my top. And the imitation game was really really good I'd put it at #3 or #4 on my list. Berrywinkle copperpunch was really good in it

8. Panteon

Panteon Member Extreme

Ratings:
    +48 / -0
    Benadryl Commonwealth is really good in pretty much everything he is in tbh

9. ShaeSnow

ShaeSnow Member God

Ratings:
    +52 / -13
    Filth, watch it, it's gr9, if ur 3 go home.

10. Dominem

Ratings:
    +107 / -0
    Benadryl Commonwealth is really good in pretty much everything he is in tbh[/quote]True true.
    How gr9 is it?

Also everyone go watch Circle on Netflix it's gr10.

11. YannyHealy

YannyHealy Active Member

Ratings:
    +58 / -0
    I'm not a big movie person but I would have to say my fave movie would have to be The Fault in our Stars.

• Like Like x 1
  12. CrawMuss69

CrawMuss69 Active Member Titan

Ratings:
    +30 / -19
    My favourite is probably Civil War as Captain America is my favourite avenger plus it had Spider-Man and giant Ant-Man but in close second is the first Avengers.

13. Xx_Mervyn_xX

Xx_Mervyn_xX Active Member

Ratings:
    +74 / -1
    Well i just watched a movie called "Earth to echo" its an amazing story about a alien robot fell down to earth when military attacked it and few teenagers are trying to them it get back to his planet :p

14. Dominem

Ratings:
    +107 / -0
    Did you read the book? I heard they didn't compare well
    Really? Civil war was way lower for me. The characters motivations seemed forced and they acted as if Shield was pretty much dead, which, according to agents of shield, is still alive and well. But spidey was good.
    Oh I saw that one! I thought it was pretty good. A little similar to ET but they did a good job separating it. The camera-work and lighting was pretty great too.

15. YannyHealy

YannyHealy Active Member

Ratings:
    +58 / -0
    The book, was soooooo good. It's also one of my all time favorite books. The movie did not do it justice but it's still a great movie, I cried.

• Like Like x 1