Petition for Survival World!

Discussion in 'Website and Server Suggestions' started by NytherianAngel, Jul 1, 2021.

Would you be interested in a Survival world on this server?

1. Yes

62.5%
  2. No

37.5%
  3. Maybe (please explain why in a post)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. NytherianAngel

NytherianAngel New Member Extreme

Ratings:
    +2 / -0
    Hello all you lovely skyblockers!

As someone who has played on this server for close to a decade, I would like to say that I absolutely appreciate the upkeep of this server and the fact that it has been kept alive for so long.

Now, all that being said, it would be really, really nice if we could add a survival server. I know I made a forum post recently about bringing back Skygrid (and in my honest opinion I think anyone reading this post should give Skygrid revival another consideration :)), but Survival is also a very much needed world for this server. We have a lot of regular players who dedicate lots of time and effort to their islands, and we have a wonderful community. I think I speak for more players than just myself when I say that I would love to have a Survival world that retains the same player base as Skyblock, because we have a really wonderful community :)

Please comment on this post if you would also like to have a Survival world on this server!

Thanks everyone :)

-NytherianAngel

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Deco64

Deco64 New Member

Ratings:
    +5 / -0
    I second this notion.

3. I_DIG_DIAMONDS

I_DIG_DIAMONDS New Member God

Ratings:
    +5 / -0
    Yes, please.

Skyblock ✅
    Survival ✅
    Skygrid ❌

4. 1stGlitch

1stGlitch Well-Known Member Staff Member Admin

Ratings:
    +277 / -0
    It's a shame that I have to say no to this. It has been discussed in the past, but we always decided it's not for us. One of the reasons we are successful with Skyblock is because there are a relatively small number of Skyblock servers out there. We devote all of our time and effort into 1 thing - Skyblock. We target our server toward a very small and focused audience: Players who want the original skyblock experience, and nothing more. It is my hope that one day we'll be able to have even greater success with Skygrid, as there are even fewer Skygrid servers out there. Survival on the other hand, is much more tricky. There are literal thousands of survival servers out there, and I'm inclined to believe that we would not gain any players from it, meaning I don't think anyone would join Skyhubmc just for survival, so we'd be limited to our existing player base only. Even with these reasons, we could still consider it, except for the resources it would consume. Our system can handle the addition of a Skygrid server, and a Creative server. But survival servers are bigger, they're clunkier, and they use more resources in general. Adding one along side Skyblock would push our system to the limits, and at this time, I simply don't think it'd be a worthwhile investment. I'm not saying no forever, but I am saying no for now.

We appreciate the suggestion,

~Glitch

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  5. I_DIG_DIAMONDS

I_DIG_DIAMONDS New Member God

Ratings:
    +5 / -0
    Upon reading this well articulated response by Skyhubmc's hardest working admin I have been convinced that a survival world is not the best addition for the community. I still am in favor of survival over skygrid tho, but ultimately I think it would best to not divide the players between two worlds.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
    • Friendly Friendly x 2