Questions about Staff Applications

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sammie__, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sammie__

Sammie__ *~CookieQueen~* Overlord

Ratings:
    +234 / -0
    Edit:This post is no longer up to date but is kept as part of the server history, please refer to the latest post for actual updated information regarding staff application! ;p

Hey Everyone! Since we get questions about how to become staff; The Staff Team have decided you write you this post to help you guys with the applications.

How do you apply?
    To make an application you will have to sign into enjin and join the website. Once you have done that you can either click 'Apply for staff' on the top menu or just click here.

What are the requirements for staff?
    1. It is preferred that you are 15 years of age or older but it is possible to get staff if you are younger, it is fairly rare though.
    2. Be mature. (The staff group is immature at times but it's best if you know when to be mature and when you can joke around.)
    3. You don't need to be a donor to be staff. It just helps because we know that you support the server.
    4. You will need Skype. This is how we communicate and so you know all the updates etc.
    5. You don't need to have teamspeak but it'll be fantastic if you do, it's a great way to communicate with the players on the server. Teamspeak is also what we use for staff meetings, so it greatly increases your chances.
    6. If you have ever been banned or muted, your application becomes a lot worse. If you have been banned or muted and would like to become staff, please be completely honest in your application.
    7. Activity is a must. If you just joined the server, please do not apply. Wait at least 2 weeks and get to know the server's players and the rules. This is also helpful if you're on the server longer because then we know if you're helpful and active on the server and the forums.
    8. You do not need to have past server moderation or administrating experience, it's really helpful if you do though.

These requirements will not change no matter how much it is debated.

Can I apply for moderator or admin instead?
    No you cannot. Every staff member started at Helper or Trial Staff, this is how you become trust worthy. We will know if you deserve a promotion. We need to know you want staff to actually help people, help improve the server and help keep the chat clean. If you just want staff for the perks or just to be staff for showing off purposes, please do not apply.

Why have I been rejected?
    There will normally be a rejection comment on your application. It gets really annoying that people come on the server asking why it was rejected when there is always a comment so please read it. I'll put why it could be rejected here anyway just so it will be a bit helpful. There could be a number of reasons why you may have been rejected. If you lie on your application, it will be rejected. Most of the time it will be rejected If you don't reach the requirements, (for example, not active enough, breaking the rules, don't have Skype etc.) Sometimes it could be because you aren't what we are looking for.
    If you have been rejected, I would like to say do not give up, there is a lot of ways to improve your chances the next time you apply. The worst thing you can do is complain about not getting accepted and your next application will be an automatic rejection. Don't make a big deal out of a rejection, it makes you seem immature. Remain calm, and keep trying.

Can I re-apply after I've been rejected?
    You can! But please wait at least a month before you re-apply. Not 5 hours or even a few days after you've been rejected. Most of them just say the same thing so please do not do that.

What happens after I apply? How long will it take to be answered?
    After you apply, you just sit back and wait for a reply. Sammie, Shaunie and 1stGlitch are the ones that go through the applications and it can take a little while before you get accepted or rejected. Please be patient during this process, we do get busy.
    You will know if you got accepted because we promote you in game and then talk to you privately. You will be added to a trial staff group chat and everything will be explained there. We will also accept your application after you have been promoted.

If it has been more than two months and your application hasn't been read/replied to, please message one of the HeadAdmins and we will get to it as soon as possible.

I need help on my application
    If anyone has any questions about what we look for on applications this section is for you, below is a small list of perks that we look for when reading applications.

Detail: Your application is a great way to get to know you more so put in a lot of detail. We want to know what makes you stand out from everyone else that applies, we want to know why you want to be staff. If the box is bigger, this means that we want more than one sentence as an answer. Don't be afraid to write what you think, we prefer detailed applications.

Honesty: This is a big one. Please, please, please do not lie on your application. If we find out you lie on your application it will lead to rejection. I have seen a few applications myself and I see that lying on the age is a big one. Writing an application and saying your 16 but then make a new one the next day and say you're 18 isn't a smart move. Just be yourself, this helps your chances at being considered.

Questions: If it has not been two months since you put in your application, do not ask staff about your application. Also please do not tell someone to read it as soon as you sent it in. This will lead to instant rejection. We will get to your application as soon as possible.

Grammar: Use proper spelling and grammar. Please don't capitalize every word, it makes it very difficult to read and doesn't make you seem mature.

We hope this helps!

~ OSB Staff

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2019
    • Useful Useful x 4
  2. RockRevenchy

RockRevenchy Dirty Pirate Staff Member Admin

Ratings:
    +62 / -0
    Hey Everyone! Since we get questions about how to become staff; The Staff Team have decided you write you this post to help you guys with the applications.

How do you apply?
    To make an application you will need to join our website. Once you have done that you can either click 'Apply' on the top menu or just click here.

What are the requirements for staff?
    • Age: 15 and + (but it is possible to get staff if you are younger, it is very rare though).
    • Maturity: We are all in a game obviously and you would be forgiven to have your own fun but do keep yourself under a reasonable control and be mature when needed.
    • Dedication: you must show you are willing to spend time and energy on the server (You don't need to be a donor to be staff.)
    • Communication: Discord is a requirement, staff & players often communicates through this mean (and if possible install it on your phone as well)
    • Honesty: We cannot work with someone who isnt true to their word and uses staff perks for their own advantages and abuse their power, trust is the most important requirement.
    • Judgment: You may face situations in which you will have to deal with on your own and you will need to make choices without relying on other staff members.

These requirements will not change no matter how much it is debated.

Questions we are often asked:
    Can I apply for moderator or admin instead?
    No you cannot. Every staff member on the server started as a Helper, this is how you become trust worthy. We will know if you deserve a promotion.

Why have I been rejected?
    There is multiple possible reasons for this, we do not always need new staff members, we might know too little about you, you may have broken the rules recently, perhaps you dont meet one of our requirements.

Normally we will answer on your application. Please do not come to complain about it on either discord or on the server. (you may however answer to your own application to ask further details)

Can I re-apply after I've been rejected?
    Yes but for your own credibility we suggest waiting at least one month after the rejection (unless you were told otherwise)

What happens after I apply? How long will it take to be answered?
    We often answer within a week but it could happen that we slip and overlook your application, if after one month you have not been answered you may send a private message to an administrator to have them look it up.

I need help on my application
    If you are not sure what you should put on your application and wonder what we are looking for, hopefully this section will help you out.

Who Are You: Your application is a great way to get to know you it is a presentation of who you are, what made you want to apply, what are your intentions and even a bit about yourself in general just so we get to know who you are!

Experience: While experience is not a requirement, if you had any it is suggested to write which server(s) (with proofs if possible) and it is also encouraged to tell how much experienced you are with spigot, bukkit, java and/or Minecraft as a whole.

Composition: It is encouraged to use proper spelling and grammar. Please do make your application pleasant to read, nobody likes big walls of text without any paragraphs or subjects that doesnt connect at all. stick to the most important parts and highlight these.

Honesty: I know I have already mentioned it but it is important you tell your real age and dont fake experience or describe how dedicated you intend to be if you do not wish to not spend time and efforts on the server, be honest toward yourself and others as it will be much simpler than having to reveal a lie.

We hope this helps! Good luck!

~ OSB Staff

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.