Renaming the "GOD" rank

Discussion in 'Website and Server Suggestions' started by VincibleStatue4, Jul 13, 2016.

1. VincibleStatue4

VincibleStatue4 New Member

Ratings:
    +12 / -7
    As a Christian, and a follower of what the bible says I find the prefix "god" offensive and I'm sure I'm not the onle one. When I first logged onto this server, I saw someone with a "GOD" prefix because that apparently is a purchasable rank on here. Even the notion that "GOD" is somehow buyable is in itself extremely offensive and rude, but then even allowing people to call themselves "GOD" is the epitome of all insolence. I, as a Christian and behalf of all other religious peoplehere, am asking you to change this blasphemous rank's name to something else.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  2. AmandaMarissa

AmandaMarissa Good Noodle God

Ratings:
    +192 / -0
    I am religious myself and so are a lot of people, shoot, the owner himself is a christian. I don't find it offensive in any way though. Not everyone, and probably most people, considering we are a global server, are religious so it wouldn't make sense to change it. You are actually the first person in my almost 2.5 years on this server who has complained about it. I'm sure if the majority of people end up agreeing with you then we will change it, but I really don't see us changing it right now. If any one really has a problem with it, you can donate for a custom prefix or just get a different rank from the god rank (or no rank at all since members are still cool).

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. VincibleStatue4

Ratings:
    +12 / -7
    By "Christian" I don't mean "ohh its Christmas let's get presents!" If you actually read/knew what was in the bible it forbids acknowledging false gods. Its even one of the commandments.

4. XbFTB

XbFTB Member Extreme

Ratings:
    +33 / -37
    I'm personally not religious but I want to see it changed because it annoys me how it's the only rank that has a prefix which is in all capital letters (excluding abbreviations like VIP). I see absolutely no reason for this and if you don't change the name of the rank at least change this simple thing.

5. AmandaMarissa

Ratings:
    +192 / -0
    I know what a "Christian" is. I agree with xbox on changing the caps, but it's not acknowledging false gods since it's only a minecraft server. It's not like "I am a holy god" or "Jesus Christ".

6. ShaeSnow

ShaeSnow Member God

Ratings:
    +52 / -13
    Well, if you are religious and believe that god is all powerful then shouldn't GOD rank be the most powerful rank on the server?

• Like Like x 1
  7. GayFurry

GayFurry Guest

Ratings:
    +30 / -53
    i think we need to change it to jesus because jesus saves

• Like Like x 1
  8. max

max Guest

Ratings:
    +5 / -8
    She lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses. Ezekiel 23:20 NIV

Ye shall not round the corners of your heads. Leviticus 19:27

Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material. Leviticus 19:19

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. Ephesians 6:5 NLT

These are the verses that us Christians live by. You cannot disrespect the one Christ, in divinity with the Holy Trinity. There is one sole God, and he is to be worshipped and lived by for all of his creations. To contest his power by naming someone else a God is a disrespect to our Lord's name.

9. AmandaMarissa

Ratings:
    +192 / -0
    The problem is that not everyone is religious and there are tons of religions. If we change it, there will be people complaining that they are offended that we are taking on a religious view. This is going to break out a whole religious war. No matter what, people are going to be offended about something. I believe we are keeping the God rank, but instead of it being in all caps it will just be [God]. I am sorry, but we have to think of everyone, not just one religion.

10. VincibleStatue4

Ratings:
    +12 / -7
    That's like going to school with a bag of nuts and saying "its OK only 8 people in my class are allergic." And if you knew anything about religion there is not 1 religion that supports people making up false gods, and having it spelt out like "God" is much worse then how it is now, if you really can't think of a new name then it should be all lowercase.

11. AmandaMarissa

Ratings:
    +192 / -0
    There are actually a lot of religions that have multiple gods or no gods at all so your argument is invalid. Religion is a much more touchy topic than me bringing in a peanut butter sandwich to school, just saying.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2016
  12. AmandaMarissa

Ratings:
    +192 / -0
    I have already told you what we are going. There is no reason to continue arguing. If you really don't like the decision, no one is forcing you to stay on the server. I am very sorry, but that is final.

13. VincibleStatue4

Ratings:
    +12 / -7
    Sorry, yes some religions have but there are no religions that support anyone being able to buy the title of god. It really is no different to bringing a peanut butter sandwich to school. Some religious people are really extreme with their beliefs, just look at people like hitler and isis. I don't see how its so hard to change such a controversial prefix. There are even people like xbox who think it being in all caps is annoying so even as a compromise having it all lowercase would be acceptable too.

14. AmandaMarissa

Ratings:
    +192 / -0
    I already told you that we are changing the casing. Instead of [GOD] it will be changed to [God] just like all other ranks.

15. VincibleStatue4

Ratings:
    +12 / -7
    That's even worse. If you look at any published writing, you'll notice "God" in that format is only used when referring to God himself, the title god is what is used to represent false gods. I thought that was general knowledge..

16. AmandaMarissa

Ratings:
    +192 / -0
    You literally just said that you would be okay with what xbox had brought up. We are doing exactly that. At this point you are just arguing to argue. We are changing it to [God] and that is final.

17. VincibleStatue4

Ratings:
    +12 / -7
    That is honestly more offensive that having it all capitalized, God being spelt like that should only be used to refer to God himself, whereas if you're referring to a false god (Such as the title of this rank) god is the proper way to refer to it. Spelling it like that can really offend many people of many religions.

18. Moss97

Moss97 New Member Elite

Ratings:
    +5 / -3
    Vince, you have to understand, that yes, you are allowed to be religious, your are allowed to be offended by things that you choose to be offended by. But you are not allowed to try to bind everything to your beliefs. There are other people in the world of other varying religions, and those who are athiests, there is a place for all of them. To have the term God is not a crime per say, you only view it as a crime because of your beliefs. You are not necessarily wrong, because it does interfere with your morals. However it does not interfere with the morals of all those who bought the rank. Also, there are many other rules in Christianity that I'm sure would need more attention to fixing than a rank on a minecraft server. The fact that you voiced your opinion is a good thing, but once you recieved your answer continuing on was not necessary and even somewhat rude.

-Moss

• Like Like x 3
  19. VincibleStatue4

Ratings:
    +12 / -7
    I don't see how I'm binding everything to my beliefs? I'm just saying that having the title of "God" is really offensive to most people of religion. I would honestly rather the rank be called "Pussy Slayer" than "God." if you look at any real piece of writing that has been done professionally, you'll notice that unless they're referring to God himself, they will always have it as god, it is even one of the 10 commandments.

20. AmandaMarissa

Ratings:
    +192 / -0
    Thank you very much. We are not saying that you can't be religious, it's just that we have to think of everyone here, not just Christians. You saying "most people of religion" and "most religions" is false because you have no idea about other religions obviously. There are SOOOOO many religions, some with gods, some with one, some with none. As Moss has said, you were already answered and continuing is just extremely rude. We discussed this as a staff team and came up with a compromise which is making it [God]. No matter what we do is going to offend someone. People would be offended with [Pussy Slayer] and you should as well since you are such a good Christian. That's objectifying women in my opinion, but I'm not going to continue pounding you on your beliefs. You continuing on is doing nothing but digging yourself a hole. You have been told what we are doing and that's not going to change. There's the door if you don't like it. :d