Scammed By _Emil

Discussion in 'Reports' started by Mysto_Games, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Mysto_Games

Mysto_Games New Member God

Ratings:
    +3 / -2
    So I'm sittin on my couch playing OSB in my shop when I notice my shop floors are miss-matched so in chat I say Anyone sell Quartz Blocks and _Emil is like I do So I teleport and _Emil Is like can I have 500 for 3 stacks and I pay her 5000 being the generous person I am but that's not it I also give her 6 crate keys and 1 rare keys for 3 stacks of quartz so I get kicked from her island and message her frustrated and she says Oh I was Just Kidding tp to me Then she gives me 32 Sea Lanterns and I'm like that's not quartz but she disagrees So I tell Samuel and he tells her to give me the quartz and she says I don't have any so Samuel says give him his stuff and she says she spend some of the money and used the crate keys. I need help and please ban him also teleport Samuel to spawn so he can logon to his Regular account

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2016
  2. Dominem

Dominem Active Member Extreme

Ratings:
    +107 / -0
    I mean, I know _Emil i in the wrong here, but there were a few things you can do to prevent this thing from happening again.
    1. Trade in a public place. The worst thing that can happen here is that someone tps away or logs off, but that can happen anywhere. This way they can't force you to leave. Or, do it at your island so that people are slightly more discouraged to pull something.
    2. If you're doing the trade, the more established person gets the items first. In this case, it seems you gave a relatively new user the money and relied on them to uphold their end. You know you'll uphold it, so make them give them the stuff first before paying.
    3. If you are doing an item trade and they refuse to trade first, at least make them hold the item. So you know they have it. Or even pay them half, have them give you the item, then pay them the rest. This way they know you're not going to scam them and if they scam you, you only lose half of the money
    4. Good lord why would you pay 10x the price you said AND some crate keys before you even see the goods. Pay what you say. If you're going to be a kind person, give them the extra 4500 and crate keys AFTER they give you the items as like a "tip" or something. This way you pay them after you get everything so there's no chance for being scammed.
    5. After they pull something like that, say, "No, tp to me instead". If they just want a trade they won't care. If they want to scam you they'll be unnerved by the shift of power
    6. If you think the trade is sketchy and could lead to scamming, just get a mod to oversee it. It's their job so use it.

3. Hypurr_

Hypurr_ do custom titles work? Skymaster

Ratings:
    +54 / -1
    Just in case you guys didn't know, there's a /trade command for item trading to be safer.

Now I know in this case, you didn't pay through only items, but as Dominem has stated, why pay for extra when you haven't even seen the items. It's a random person you're not entirely familiar with yet you went overboard and, in my opinion, walked straight into that with the over payment of items.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mysto_Games

Ratings:
    +3 / -2
  5. Dominem

Dominem Active Member Extreme

Ratings:
    +107 / -0
    Well I mean there's nothing anyone can do currently, the server is down. It's been down since the original posting. And I don't speak for the staff but I feel as if they'll help you.

6. Xx_Mervyn_xX

Xx_Mervyn_xX Active Member

Ratings:
    +74 / -1
    Zach... The command was removed.
    So sorry guys I believe he didn't check if the command is still there or not.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2016
  7. Mysto_Games

Ratings:
    +3 / -2
    I knew that it was taken off I tried trading first then saw it was deleted