Server Suggestions

Discussion in 'Website and Server Suggestions' started by Tropicalll, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Tropicalll

Tropicalll Active Member God

Ratings:
    +64 / -39
    So, this is my list for server suggestions.

Add:
    - /warp Tutorial. They had warp tutorial in 3.0, but in 4.0 warp Tutorial is gone. Dom said you guys aren't planning on making a warp tutorial, but I feel as if it would help vast majority. A lot of people on OSB aren't that experienced (especially new comers). Warp tutorial would benefit any one who needed help, instead of the staff/players being bugged about how to make a cobble generator.

- Parkour rewards. I've completed pk2 and I recieved no reward. I don't know if you plan on adding rewards or not, but I feel as if there should be rewards. I dont want to waste 8 minutes for nothing.

- 1.9-1.10 pets. The pets plugin is currently not up to date, and a lot of players would love polar bear pets aha. I know Cap was saying he was going to add them, but the current plugin does not support 1.9-1.10 mobs.

- Warp Donor. I know this is probably going to be added soon, but I have a suggestion for an item in it. Elytras. Now, you're probably thinking "wow tropical ur so stupid we have /fly." Yes, I know. But elytras are so cool, you can glide, do cool stunts, etc. I think they would make an awesome donator item.

Remove:

- This one will cause controversy. Remove ChestShops. I feel as if there is no need for an Auction plugin and a PlayerShop plugin. One needs to stay. Either keep ChestShops or keep Auctions. There is no need for both, as the goal of both plugins is to sell items. I personally would love keeping AuctionHouse as the main Playershop of the server. A lot of new players dont understand ChestShop, while AuctionHouse is super simple to learn and use. Keeping both (ChestShop, and Auctions) is just a waste of space on the server.

- Lava replacement. Im pretty sure this is enabled by default with uSkyblock, or maybe its a seperate plugin. I don't know. But I've encountered many times where I have a lava spill, and I cant clean it up because I get that pesky message of "It's a bad idea to replace your lava." It might not annoy others, but it annoys me.

Fix:

- Mob Arena. In mob arena, you cannot hurt mad wolves. This is extremely annoying as dogs are the main thing to kill me in Mob Arena now.

- Daily Bonus. Daily Bonus use to give great rewards for dedication to the server. Now you get 5 vote keys for 7 days? I can get 5 vote keys per day.

- Mazes. Everyone exploited this in 3.0. /tpa, /tpahere, /tpaccept, /etpahere, /etpa, and /etpaccept. Now in Mazes, you can do every single command.

- Parkour. Like I said above, all teleport commands are also enabled in parkour.

- This was extremely annoying in 3.0, and I don't know if it is fixable. The parkour god mode exploit. Basically, you enter parkour mode, and then tp out of parkour. You now have god mode on. It's extremely exploitable as you can godmode and never be hurt by mobs on your island.

I know the server just reset, so take your time. Most of the fixes I listed are probably being looked at already. Thank you for taking your time to read my server suggestions :)

oh and also, another suggestion, lower the youtuber requirement to 300 subs #Trop4Youtube2k16 #Riot

2. itdave

itdave Well-Known Member Extreme

Ratings:
    +266 / -21
    literally the entire point of this servers economy is to make a chest shop and then make the best shop out of the entire server to make the most profit, which cap has said is the way he wants the servers economy to be made, not just grind xp and then sell it at shop for little to no effort.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2016
  3. Tropicalll

Tropicalll Active Member God

Ratings:
    +64 / -39
    Did you not read the thread? I said either have one of the 2. Keep ChestShop or keep auctions. Both do the same thing, sell items for profit. And then I said I would personally like AuctionHouse as our main way of shopping.

4. AmandaMarissa

AmandaMarissa Good Noodle God

Ratings:
    +192 / -0
    Add:

-I also agree with /warp tutorial being made again. I have suggested it and I have also been told that we are not making one. I'm guessing that is due to no one stepping up to make it, therefore I will volunteer to make it if I can get it approved and after I finish my current builds.

-We will have parkour rewards, they just haven't been set up yet.

-I'm not too sure about the pets right now, although I would love to see the new mobs implemented to pets.

-I am currently building the Donor Zone and am almost done. I want it to be the best it can be and have been working on it for almost 3 days now. I was also thinking of adding that, but I have to get approval of course.

Remove:

-I like having both options, but that's my opinion. Auctioning and having a shop are very different concepts since one you are temporarily selling something and the other is more of a long term, sell it multiple it times thing. I see where you are coming from and of course we will still discuss it, but as I said, I personally like having both.

-Thank you for letting us know on this. We will definitely discuss this.

Fix:

-Mob arena is one of the many things we are still trying to fix. It will be fixed as soon as possible.

-We wanted to nerf the daily bonus a bit because people were just getting way too many keys. Of course we can still talk about maybe raising it a little, but it won't go back to the crazy amount it was before.

-I'm going to combine the next two points. Commands in general at parkour/mazes/spawn/etc. will be fixed. This is one of the many things we are working on and will be fixed as soon as possible.

-We've talked about this quite a few times. I personally don't know if it's possible to change anything about that, but we will talk about it's possibilities.

Thank you for your recommendations. If you find any more don't be afraid to let us know. We'd actually really appreciate it.

~Amanda

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. RizbanR

RizbanR Member Skymaster

Ratings:
    +31 / -1
    Only going to comment on the things that I have some meaningful input about.
    I'm a bit ambivalent about this, leaning towards not having one. It's nice for people who want to use it, but I enjoy helping new players and teaching them how to build things. Sure, for the more complex things, I tend to suggest they do a youtube search for step-by-step directions, but the things I can teach in 20 minutes or less, I like to get to do. I'd much rather have the opportunity to help people and get them involved in the community than just say, "Do /tutorial" and proceed to essentially ignore them, my job done.
    I'm strongly against this. I'd much prefer to have both. I do somewhat miss the announced auctions, but having multiple ways to sell is best. It gives flexibility to those who want to have dedicated shops and those who just want to dump a single item or an extra few things on occasion.
    I am completely in favor of keeping it the way it is now. As you said, you already get 5 keys a day for voting. The daily bonus is supposed to be a small perk for being an active player, not your primary source of income. As it was originally implemented, the benefits were way too high. This is much more reasonable and won't contribute to inflation and economy death as severely.

For example, when /db was first implemented in 3.0, the average price of spawners dropped from about 18k to 10k in about two weeks, and you could buy them some places even cheaper than that. That might not seem like much, but spawners were about 25k when I first joined the server, and it took almost 5 months for them to drop down to 18k.
    That's about 7k in 5 months vs 8k in 2 weeks. That's just not healthy for the server economy. I know it sucks to feel like you had something awesome and had it taken away, but it needed to happen.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1