Shop prices

Discussion in 'Website and Server Suggestions' started by Kadethecaptain, May 14, 2021.

Who thinks we should raise prices on non laggy auto farms!?!

1. Me!

2. Pfft bro you’re dope but like I don’t play for money

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Kadethecaptain

Kadethecaptain Member Immortal

Ratings:
    +3 / -0
    Hi My name is kade. And I’m here to complain. Not complain in any way you would think I’d complain, but complain in a way that my complaint will be more a suggestion of sorts.
    In recent events I have come to the understanding that berries have been nerfed more than a nerf gun can get nerfed, so if I may ask

can we raise the prices for cactus sales? I mean honestly cactus never really lagged the server that bad and you don’t need 300 carts on rails to collect it. It takes a lot of man hours to build a cactus farm and it’s not even worth building one on the server. It would be cheaper to buy cactus for /c then to build a farm at this point.

The server demands justice for 50% profit loss on auto farms! We don’t not want cactus prices to rise! To the moon am I right skyhubians?!

We would like to see other ways to make money, and frankly building a massive mob farm that lags the server is the only other way to make passive income on the server.

So in conclusion I guess what I’m saying is if we could raise the prices for less laggy items. Then the Big Kahunas who aren’t even Hawaiian wouldn’t be getting backlash for nerfing our 1 of 3 ways of making auto income

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. 1stGlitch

1stGlitch Well-Known Member Staff Member Admin

Ratings:
    +277 / -0
    It would appear that some people are under the impression that the prices were adjusted because of lag or something, which I feel is a bit silly because adjusting shop prices doesn't magically make already built farms less laggy. We adjusted a few of the shop prices to keep everything fair, berries had to be lowered because they can be farmed fully automatically, apples were raised a bit since they're pretty rare. I do agree that cactus should probably be worth more than berries, but we wanted to keep it fair, if we lowered berries so it was lower than cactus then it wouldn't be fair to all the players who have already worked hard on their berry farms, so we compromised and didn't lower it as much as we probably should have. The changes made today are by no means final and we'll likely be making further adjustments in the coming days, as well, just like when we were forced to adjust the mob spawn rates, we like to start with a fairly drastic "nerf" first, and then gradually change it back until we find a good compromise for everyone.

Hope this explains things,

~Glitch

P.S. @Sieanx I feel like he doesn't fully appreciate the prefix you came up with for us :(

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Sieanx

Sieanx Crazed Lunatic Titan

Ratings:
    +50 / -0
    I think the best solution to less laggy farms is more diverse methods of earning money, people only build laggy farms or big money makers because it really the only viable option for stable income, the first job after a reset for a player shouldn't be to build a big massive farm just to have the money to do something but its usually how it's always been.

Like as a starter player you can't just grab a zombie flesh, a spider eye and gunpowder and sell that to the shop and make a little money to start with, you need 64 of each which ends up being worthless in value anyway and when it comes to buying say building materials, the shops the way it is I think just to keep the economy from inflating too much like it's only gotta last a year before next reset.

I think the next best thing would be to focus on being able to sell fewer items so lower ranks can build-up, put a priority value on actual farming items that take a little effort to sow and grow, and additional income methods like mob hunt, jobs, and reworked challenges as an example (Obviously not like a definite fit for the server)

Besides farms, your options for money are player ran shops that need materials from somewhere, fishing contests, 5 votes that come up to $625 a day, and stuff like major farms which are the main source of money for people.

Coming up with viable solutions so that all ranks can make money is challenging though because like its a Skyblock server so you really get nothing and have to make something from nothing, I really wanna see more suggestions that help improve player activity and keep playtime up!

Hope you have a lot of ideas Kade!