Some Suggestions For Originalsb

Discussion in 'Website and Server Suggestions' started by DomEmmerson, May 3, 2015.

1. DomEmmerson

DomEmmerson New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    First Off, I think you should make the server the latest minecraft build (as of now: 1.8.4) because then people will be able to watch the latest videos on how to create things - For Example, i was going to make an automatic tree farm, I saw that you needed slimeblocks, I had almost finished the build, just needed to add the slimeblocks, I went to my crafting Bench and saw that you could not make Slimeblocks - It was a real bummer for me.

Second Of All, I Think you should make a better way to get money, the money that you receive from crops is absouletly horrible. 64 melon for $10 then to get a Dragon Egg its $500,000 - It just seems a bit too hard to get money. I know that you can sell xp but still to get the dragon egg will take a long time. I have provided two screenshots with some prices that I think should be put into place(http://gyazo.com/5c4eca816bd20a2f9b70027a4c4cca4b http://gyazo.com/ab8136578b2f95d8566a4c6ecc47619e ). That way, people will be able to make beacons, build good houses, make redstone builds, etc.

Next, I think there should be a system on the donation page where we put in the commands we would like from a dropdown box, then the prefix we would like, the kit we would like (E.g. if you wanted the Extreme kit) and then in the bottom right corner of the page, it gives us a quote on how much the rank would cost us. I think that would be a good idea because some people donate to get certain commands and with this, you don't have to get the best rank to be able to get the commands.

Another suggestion would be to fix the occasional lag spikes that everybody gets. On the screen when you click on the server, it claims to have "No LAG" but there has been a lot of times where people have to break blocks 4 times for them to actually be given the block.

Something else that should be added into the server is a place to pvp - I know there is the nether but I think there should be a dedicated pvp arena where players fight each other to get each others loot.

MEVSHERO has also suggested a really cool thing that would be a great addition to the ranks. Basically, the higher rank you are, the more discount from the shop and donorshop you get. So if you are a TITAN you could get 50% off from the shop and the donorshop - Screenshot provided of the potential discounts (http://gyazo.com/4ac079d6bc9c1c1386cd98ecc381c18e )

I hope that a member of staff reads this and takes into consideration some of the things I have mentioned. It took me about 60 minutes to write all this and think of suggestions.

Really Hope you put some of these into the server/website!

Kind Regards

DJEmmerson

• Like Like x 1
  2. AllDatJumboJazz

AllDatJumboJazz New Member Extreme

Ratings:
    +10 / -2
    I've been wanting a pop arena for a while the only thing I'm concerned about that is that they'll be some people there with God armour and some people there with regular diamond armour who actually want to PvP and not just hit the other person until their armour breaks for 20 minutes. To get around this you have a command like /fight [player] and it will take you to a 1v1 arena. Good suggestions though :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. RubyRose2151

RubyRose2151 Member God

Ratings:
    +21 / -12
    Im With Bennyriz But I Mean Theres Like A 20% For The Shops And The Discounts Sound Great Btw.

But Ill Be Damned If They Do The New Shop Prices

Good Idea Though

4. DinosaurMode

DinosaurMode Member Extreme

Ratings:
    +25 / -3
    I find most of these very helpful, maybe the staff will consider recommending these! :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jackoedo

Jackoedo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    Yes i have been waiting for someone to suggest these. This would make the server a lot more enjoyable.

• Like Like x 1
  6. captianbob

captianbob Active Member Immortal

Ratings:
    +149 / -0
    Very nice, and i like the ideas. Just a few things that might answer on when or what might happen with these suggestions.

First. The updating thing, we have tired, and due to some changes in the blocks of 1.8, The server lags 50x worse then it does right now. It has to do with water lighting and the new water temples. I have not looked into the 1.8.4, which is something i will be doing shortly.

Second. The prices are set the way they are for a reason, i do understand the want for change and maybe the need to change some, but its skyblock economy survival. We made the shop hard to try and get players to make shops, get the players involved with the economy and make it more player ran.

Third. I am not sure what exactly you are meaning. If you are talking about like selecting certain amounts of items for a kit, and adding them together. Currently that is not possible, i am in a web development class and will be learning things like this later. So in the near future, we plan to have a new website along with possibly a new donation page/system.

Fourth. With the lag spikes, i have been doing everything i can to fix them. I have been running through some ideas, along with a couple additions we could do to fix it. A few of them would be to switch hosts, and see if that helps. Another one would to be like a OSB 2.0 and Reset the whole server, which i know people don't like and we've had to do that recently. But this would fix bugs, hopefully get it to 1.8.4 and then allow us to add in the PVP, Mob Arena, and the No lag. Deleting old islands and files and fixing that.

Last. The shop discount for the donors is a nice idea, but it would need a separate shop for each rank. There isn't really a way to make it so you get it discounted at the same shop. But again, Something we could look into for a OSB 2.0

7. DomEmmerson

DomEmmerson New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    Okay, Thank you for the answers to my suggestions :)

DJEmmerson