Suggestion to the reset.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by captianbob, Jul 27, 2016.

1. YannyHealy

YannyHealy Active Member

Ratings:
    +58 / -0
    Any commands, kits, pets and ranks won in the crates will be kept. Money will be reset. c:

2. paulie2304

paulie2304 Member

Ratings:
    +16 / -4
    i think the server should be in 1.9 :) :)

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. ItzJohn_

ItzJohn_ New Member God

Ratings:
    +2 / -0
    Will we keep PV's?

4. Reags

Reags Guest

Ratings:
    +3 / -4
    Nope!

5. DuhItzPRO

DuhItzPRO New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    I think you guys should add more kits for members, not just sap. you should add a kit member. I also think you should make it so you can live on more than one island. lots of people share islands so that would be a good idea. I am very sad because of the reset, but that just leaves room for improvement. Thanks ~ _Pro_Overlord_

6. AckeV

AckeV New Member God

Ratings:
    +6 / -0
    I'd like to still use 1.8 mainly of the pvp :d

• Like Like x 1
  7. Reags

Reags Guest

Ratings:
    +3 / -4
    You might want to add what you want in a member kit, it cannot be like the donor kits because they donated for that. Also, /is trust is there for that, we can't make it so you live on more than one island.
    Thank you for your suggestion!

8. coolthom

coolthom Active Member Staff Member Admin

Ratings:
    +124 / -4
    1.8 plz ^^

• Like Like x 1
  9. RizbanR

RizbanR Member Skymaster

Ratings:
    +31 / -1
    Okay, first off, seriously, stop complaining about the staff. I am not and never have been staff, but in all the months I've played this server, I also have had absolutely NO problems with the staff at all. The staff on this server is some of the best, if not THE best, staff I've ever seen on any Minecraft server anywhere. Is the staff perfect? No. They're people, and people make mistakes. They are still above and beyond anything I've experienced elsewhere.

As the player you're referencing at #1 on baltop, I can honestly say that I worked hard for my money. I did not make my money through abusing farms or dailybonuses or giveaways. I made a great shop and fun events that other players came and paid to use.

I have always been an advocate of reducing the money and free items flowing into the game and creating more methods of bleeding off excess from the economy. Part of the reason I amassed as much money as I did and never spent it was specifically to keep it out of the economy in an attempt to slow the rapid inflation.

That's what "/is trust [playername]" does. While you can only be an "owner" on any one island, you can be trusted on any number of islands and have full access just as if you did live there.

As for /kit Member, I can't think of anything useful to add to it that isn't already in a donor kit. Maybe 2 bread and a wooden pickaxe? Seems hardly worth it to me...

As to server version, isn't Minecraft up to 1.10 now? Bukkit and Spigot are both updated to 1.10 now, so... since we reset anyway, why not go with the latest version?

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. racsomv

racsomv New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    Hi, my in-game name is racsomv. I actually played OSB2 for a while, and stopped for about a year and returned to OSB3, and I have returned playing for 3 months now. after playing 8 or 9 different servers, and after long-time old server I loved has discontinued, I found OSB to be the best skyblock server I have come across, and I do not plan to keep looking <3.

I really try to pay attention to staff and member behaviors, subtle and announced changes, and the way you guys balance things. I do indeed have suggestions, and I want to point out that first off I do not think any staff is bias or anything. I don't know all of the staff too well, (except for Mervyn and Yanny, they are always there lol) but I am certain that no one is trying to be douchey to you (pointing at that one guy who says all the staff is out to ruin their life) and sorry in advance for the super long forum. I am actually new to this forum thing, (IDEK what 'forum' means) so If I am posting in the wrong place, please tell me! TNX! :)

Add plz:
    - Captainbob, I do think you should implement 1.9 and allow us to take advantage of the new combat mechanics (tipped arrows, shield, use of left hand) in order to enhance survival against mobs and spice up PVP.

- Trading System: I actually DNK if there is such a system or not. But if you guys can, please build a warp/ trade area so that we actually meet the person, and discourages anonymous scamming. I see great potential in players setting up a mini-economy of trading goods for goods.

- a sign feature that allows a player to lock a chest using a sign and their name for chests in the end or nether

change plz:
    - I actually wanted to ask since it's implementation if you guys can let the '7-day-bonus' of login vote keys only reset if we miss a day, so that someone who logs in every single day (and makes it to day 7) is rewarded that 7th day bonus until they miss a day. I do understand that this suggestion, if it makes the change, could be "overpowering," so I think that this one change is a heavy burden on you guys.

- To reduce the chances of receiving a pet, rank, or any other 'one time' permanent perk after receiving it.
    - Reduce the chance of receiving a pickaxe in vote, rare, and golden crates.
    - Slightly increase the chance of receiving ores in vote and rare crates plz! :p
    - Greatly reduce the chance of receiving sea lanterns in vote crates. D:
    - whitelist valuables (diamonds, emeralds, etc.) from the clear ground item function
    - respawn location after death in spawn or island
    - island spawn feature so that if we spawn in our island nearby mobs will vanish[/color]

Remove plz:

- please remove the [insert political joke here]

But yeah nothing to remove keep up the great work guys! and thanks for OSB just know there are players out there who appreciate your work!

• Like Like x 1
  11. RizbanR

RizbanR Member Skymaster

Ratings:
    +31 / -1
    We have an economy plugin, player chest shops, and the ability to easily warp or tpa to other players' islands to trade or meet up at spawn. I'm not really sure why we'd also need a dedicated trading area.
    I am definitely against this. The End and Nether should remain wilderness areas with PvP. I hate running through such places and seeing 3 dozen locked chests dropped in random spots, especially when they're from players who haven't even logged in for 3 or 4 months. If you want to safely secure your items, you have an island for that. There's no reason to leave chests in random places around the server.
    This actually happened when the system was first implemented for some people as a bug. I'm against allowing this for the same reason that I'm against giving away lots of free items at all. Resetting to day 1 is important to help maintain economy balance.

>As above, I vote against this due largely to help preserve economy. "Wasted" keys are just a part of randomly generated prizes and games of chance. Making it "always hit jackpot" is fun for some people (at least at first) but hurts the server economy overall.
    I'd be okay with both of those, so long as the second hit hostile mobs only. Then again, I'm fairly sure that hostile mobs already despawn when chunks unload.

12. aNigerianSnipar

aNigerianSnipar New Member

Ratings:
    +21 / -8
    If the server is going to be player shop based (plots), it would make a lot of sense to remove /enchant so people would actually have things to sell in their shops (from enchanting books and grinding)

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. ZenVibes

ZenVibes New Member Overlord

Ratings:
    +16 / -4
    Could you add the plugin where the cobble generators like give you ores?

• Like Like x 3
  14. NigerianNapalm

NigerianNapalm New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / -5
    Too bad no one actually PVP's

15. Calqb

Calqb New Member Overlord

Ratings:
    +13 / -1
    1.9 PVP makes me cry so hard my brain explodes.

16. racsomv

racsomv New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    RizbanR Thanks for replying and I appreciate the explanations. I checked your profile out, and you're a legit boss! Why don't you apply for staff?

- I agree with most of what you said. I guess I was being desperate when I was suggesting these things lol. However, one thing I do want to revise is the trading system. I will post about this soon.

Thanks again for replying, and I also want to say that I don't trust tpa-ing as I can be killed and/or scammed. plz reply with if this can happen or not (say, I tpa to your island and you can drown me in lava or ambush me with dogs or something)

17. racsomv

racsomv New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    Hi, I want to revise my earlier suggestion about trading.

Instead of a dedicated trading area, and in place of the current scam-'vunerable' system, there can be a feature that can allow trading from anywhere, anytime, and with no tpa-ing at all! please hear me out:

This is a command-type function, that I picked up from another server.

- doing /trade [player name] would activate the feature.
    - when this trade request is sent, the receiving player must either /trade accept, or trade/reject.
    - once the trade is accepted, both player's screen will display a large inventory.

- This inventory will be divided into two sections (left/right) by a column of red wool. I will explain this in a bit.
    - on either side there will be each of the player's names, and under their side of the inventory they can place the items that they would want to trade. One player can see what the other player is offering, and vise versa.
    - confirming trade: the red wool means both players must hit the wool to trade. Hovering over the wool shows if you confirmed or not.
    - If both players confirmed, then the column of wool turns green and the screen will display a "Trade Confirmed!" text for a few seconds before actually giving the items to the according players.

mechanisms:
    - if a player hits esc or backs out: then both players receive any items placed on the trading canvas back and will get a "trade has been cancelled" text.

- If server gets Host-kicked or a player logs off for some reason: both players get their items back and the interaction is held off until that person gets back on. ("Your session was interrupted! do you want to retry?")

Please consider my suggestion and if you see something you don't like, please tell me why and maybe we can talk about it share some bread and wine! (get to know each other! :p)

- please note that this is a suggested feature that does not cover monetary trading! Only good-to-good interactions.

18. YannyHealy

YannyHealy Active Member

Ratings:
    +58 / -0
    Actually we use to have the /trade command. I'm not entirely sure why it got taken out.

19. Kadethecaptain

Kadethecaptain Member Immortal

Ratings:
    +3 / -0
    Well i wanna add a suggestion. Can we be able to enchant our armor for free? because its not like mobs can kill God+ we have /heal and get diamond every day. but itd spice up PVP a little bit. id defiantly PVP more if i could enchant armor. and like someone said nobody PVPs anyways. so lets make that different<3 -Retired Kadethecaptain

20. ChristopherTJ

ChristopherTJ New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    The only thing I have to say is change the prices at spawn shop, those were ridiculous