The Shop!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Destro15, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Destro15

Destro15 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    I'm sorry!! But the shop has just Died!!! How the hell, are you supposed to make money? Its ridiculous How you can barely sell anything to make money.

2. BrainShroom

BrainShroom New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / -0
    To add on there wouldn't be any money to start off with and you can't get anywhere with the ridiculous 1:10 sell and buy ratio. Please change this! :)

3. LookAtMrLee

LookAtMrLee Member Overlord

Ratings:
    +9 / -0
    Okay guys, I would prefer if both of you did listen to me when I have explained this to you countless times, in global and private messages. We do not want money to be gotten really easily. I mean before we had people get 18m in 3 weeks. That is crazy fast. The sale prices have been reduced because of this.

Now the buy Prices are set high for now for a reason, if you want to work and buy some things now then please go ahead. We will eventually lower the buy prices slightly when we have gotten things sorted out. At the moment we just need players on to make sure it is all running smoothly and we can finish things off. This is like the "test" period. Please bear with us.

~Many Thanks
    ~Lee

4. Enderboy8080

Enderboy8080 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / -0
    Disable the nether to fix the economy not raise the prices of buy and lower sell. I liked skyblocks where the rarest thing you can get is a spawner (only 1 or 2 and those are from ranks) and the 2nd rarest is a beacon (from a challange that is different than ours at the moment). It gave me a sense of achievement that I liked about skyblock and the reason why I played. By adding spawners that are ridiculously easy to obtain in the nether (some people have over 250), it defeats the purpose of skyblock in general. Even though making money is harder, the economy can be easily run by how many spawners each person has, and those who spend more time just finding tons in the nether can get rich easily.

5. _Radioactive_

_Radioactive_ Member God

Ratings:
    +12 / -1
    No one has 250 spawners maging hero, I love the idea of spawners and the nether cause as soon as it got reset redzolton and i (with others) got at least 20 spawners each, I think that could help balance the economy.

6. LookAtMrLee

Ratings:
    +9 / -0
    But then everyone has the fair chance to go out and get spawners from the Nether. I personally do agree with you that there are too many Spawners in the game sometimes but then if we remove the spawners in the nether then we also remove the ability to move them

7. BrainShroom

BrainShroom New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / -0
    I joined this server because there were spawners. If the whole basis of this server is changing then why did we come here. and Lee, only Reags (and gave the money to you i think :L) had 18mil and not in 3weeks soooooo, ya. Also why people got money so fast was because they AFKed for 5 hours. If we get a plugin then there would not be a problem. Lastly on servers there are different balances for money. Personally I think that the old server had a good balance for what things were cost (except for some shop items like slime, iron, and gunpowder).

≈With helpful advice(hopefully)
    ≈Aman517

8. BrainShroom

BrainShroom New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / -0
    When you mean countless what do you mean. Reags explained it to me once. The 18mil in 3week, only a staff had that and it was more than 3 weeks.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2015
  9. LookAtMrLee

Ratings:
    +9 / -0
    Actually I think you will find that McDad was the person with that amount of money. I was working against him trying to beat him and I had 12 mill when I was a God which I was getting just as fast and at the same time Mcdad was. We were battling for baltop 1 for 3 weeks. So yeah, it was not the staff it was normal players. Also Dest went from having 500k to 8mil in 2-3 weeks also. And about Reags getting that amount of money when I became staff I gave all my money to Reags.

Cheers

Quack196/OmgItsLee

10. Enderboy8080

Enderboy8080 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / -0
    Not really. If you mean fair as in everyone has a chance to get them, sure. But I would say it's everything BUT fair. Extreme+ can fly, so searching for nether fortresses are much easier than those who can't fly. That isn't very fair right off the bat. And later players who come on the server will need to go out really far from the central point of the nether just to find spawners because all the spawners that close are already taken.

And someone did say they have some 250 spawners. If I had /fly, I can find that amount in a week or less.

11. LookAtMrLee

Ratings:
    +9 / -0
    It is completely fair, The extreme paid for that rank so they deserve fly, if the people who cannot fly want it they can get it for $15. It is still fair. Also there is no central point in the nether really because everyone has their own island and on that island they can make a portal which will be a massive distance away from anyone elses. So you have a fair chance

12. Enderboy8080

Enderboy8080 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / -0
    There is a general central point to the nether. The nether world is 8x smaller than the overworld. Every 8 blocks you move in the overworld = 1 block in the nether, so even if you go "really far" in the overworld, the general distance in the nether is the same.

As for the fly thing, I can't argue that xP But it is leaning towards the "pay to win" kind if you say it that way.

13. captianbob

captianbob Active Member Immortal

Ratings:
    +149 / -0
    They pay $15 for fly, yes. But they don't get anything else, you get other stuff aswell.

14. ImVinsi

ImVinsi New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / -2
    True, it is easier for people with extreme+ but you saying you can get 250 spawners in a week or less is bs, no one has 250 spawners they were lying. But maging, the people without /fly could use people on there is to search for them in /fly if someone had it, and i think it is actually pretty fair but not at the same time. It is a gift of being extreme+ It gives you /fly, /nick ect. So why can't you get extreme? And i think that there should be no pvp in the nether because people get mad when they die with all their good stuff(the people without ranks.) They think their stuff is good. I also think that the command "/tp" should be removed because(btw i have experienced this myself) people tp to me and steal spawners while im in the nether. and some people don't know the command /tptoggle. One time i was in a nether fortress and Redzooka and Redzolten were there, they thought me and Henry tped to them so the said that tthey were gonna report us for tping when we didn't. Thet fort was unraided so they looked around in the fort WE were in first. In chat we got in a big fight because we killed them and they were crying and begging for crappy stuff back.

~p.s. Hope you understand maginghero.

~R3

15. Enderboy8080

Enderboy8080 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / -0
    You would be surprised at how many spawners you can get in a week. I can get a stack of spawners in a 3 days (which I did) without /fly. And if I had /fly, I can just fly over lava pools to get them even faster. I can find spawners very easily, just go out far enough. And I actually searched each fortress's chests too , so if I were going for spawners, I can get them probably 2x faster. It doesn't matter if I get extreme or not, maybe some people just won't want to pay/don't have money :p

But I do agree that there shouldn't be pvp in the nether. What is the point of pvp in the nether at all? Can't really think of a legitimate reason for pvp in nether.

I do agree to an extent that /tp should be taken away because people just don't know about /tptoggle. From my perspective, I honestly think it should be removed overall, but I did bother cap about bringing /tptoggle here and I think that is a good first step. Here is an actual pro/con list of /tp:

Pro:
    -Convenience. Why ask when you can just /tp?
    -Can /tp to other players to steal/bother/check on their island

Con:
    -Unnecessary/unwanted /tps to other players
    -accidental /tps can get either party killed (nether, warp pvp, etc)
    -Rude. /tpa does the teleport job 100% fine, and it is an ask instead of just being forceful

I'm sure the only reason why /tp is there, from what I understand from cap, is that there isn't another command to replace it for the rank upgrade to get it (we did suggest /god). Understandable in a fiscal point of view, but /tp is creating enough problems.

Those are my thoughts, but do take them with a grain of salt :) I'm just trying to be as objective as possible, so please don't get offended in any way!

~maginghero

16. RiceBoy

RiceBoy New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / -0
    The shop is so hard to make money you guys should do a 3:1 buy:sell That would help a lot more