tw805 - Robbery Ban Appeal

Discussion in 'Appeals' started by NeztonMC, Sep 18, 2020.

1. NeztonMC

NeztonMC Member

Ratings:
    +5 / -39
    Are you disputing a ban, mute or jail?
    Ban
    Why was this punishment given?
    Stealing of items off of a Helper's island.
    Who administered this punishment?
    Bellsday
    Do you feel as if you don't deserve this punishment?
    I believe that my sentence should be reduced because I only stole half of the items I was charged with stealing.
    If you feel as if you didn't deserve it, do you have proof showing why?
    Server logs should be able to show that I took a stack of diamonds, a stack of emeralds, and her elytra. My friend didn't believe that such a rich person had trusted me on her island, and I was showing him the proof. In doing this, I fell in the void and died. I don't remember if it was before or after this happened that I stole a stack of diamonds and a stack of emeralds.
    Why should we lift your punishment?
    Although I was guilty of stealing a stack of diamonds and a stack of emeralds, I did not steal the other stack of diamonds and emeralds. I had no intention of stealing that time I was showing off to my friend. It was a mistake, but not a mistake that is deserving of a ban. Because the offense is half of what I was originally banned for, I am seeking to cut my ban from 7 days to 3 days and 12 hours.
    Anything else you would like us to know?

NeztonMC
    This message by NeztonMC has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  2. 1stGlitch

1stGlitch Well-Known Member Staff Member Admin

Ratings:
    +277 / -0
    Good evening Nezton,

A seven day ban for a grief is the standard procedure. In cases where the grief is absolutely massive (like entire island is gone), then we may be inclined to make it longer, similarly, if the grief was only a couple minor things, then we may consider making it shorter, but seven days is very much our standard ban duration for griefing. I can't say that I have much sympathy for you, given that you seem to have had previous issues with the server staff, specifically, the same staff member who's island you griefed, has had to enforce rules against you in the past. This definitely seems like a "revenge" grief to me. Given all of this, I fully agree with the original ban duration of seven days.

Thank you,

-Glitch

• Informative Informative x 1