WRONGFUL NAME CHANGE

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GayFurry, Jul 15, 2016.

1. GayFurry

GayFurry Guest

Ratings:
    +30 / -53
    ok so as you can see by my name on the forums I am GayFurry

HOWEVER, YOU'RE STUPID MODS ARE TO CONSERVATIVE TOO ALLOW FOR ME TOO KEEP THAT NAME.

i was nicknamed to Comba, my old and bad minecraft name. I have moved on from being Comba, and would like too be reffered too as GayFurry from now on

pls change it back too GayFurry be cause I cant deal with this interlanized homophobia

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. 1stGlitch

1stGlitch Well-Known Member Staff Member Admin

Ratings:
    +277 / -0
    I'm sorry, we were under the impression that you had quit the server and wanted to get as far away from it as possible? Anyways on to the matter at hand. As an admitted fly hacker there are certain precautions staff must take into account, an example of this is you may notice that you are no longer able to access the parkour, this because you are banned from using the parkour indefinitely. We need to make sure that members and staff alike can identify you as an admitted fly hacker in the event that history repeats itself. It is because of this that your nick was temperately changed back to your old IGN until people got use to your new one. We never expected you to notice since we assumed that you were never coming back on the server as per your previous testimony. I suppose now that you have made this information public this precaution is no longer necessary. Just in case anyone missed this post though I will wait another day before removing it.

On another note, calling staff "stupid" and throwing out false accusations will definitely not help get a response quicker. It is also generally not recommended for you to make a claim in the title of your thread which you do not have the qualification to make, in this case you clearly don't or didn't know what meets the requirements for a nickname to be put in place and therefore you should not claim that yours was changed wrongfully until you know all the facts. For future reference, a better title may have been "Why was my nick changed?" or "Nick changed possibly by accident?".

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention so I can explain it to you. Have a wonderful day,
    ~Glitch

• Like Like x 6
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. XbFTB

XbFTB Member Extreme

Ratings:
    +33 / -37
    I don't see any reason to alter his nickname due to a hacking incident. If your staff can remember that he got banned for a week due to hacking I don't see why they can't make a mental note of the name change as well. Better yet, just get a webpage/plugin that tracks previous bans on the player + reasons for those bans.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. 1stGlitch

Ratings:
    +277 / -0
    It's just simply easier this way, it's not just for staff it's for anyone so they can err on the side of caution when interacting with said player (pvp, etc.), as I said it's only on a temporary basis and since Comba/GayFurry was quitting the server anyways and would most likely never notice, why not do it just to be safe? As I said this very thread pretty much makes the nick redundant and I will ensure that it is removed in a day.

Take care,
    ~Glitch

• Like Like x 2
  5. GayFurry

GayFurry Guest

Ratings:
    +30 / -53
    lmao yall are black people im out fr this time

follow my tumblr while youre at it

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. 1stGlitch

Ratings:
    +277 / -0
    Okay, in that case I will save myself the effort and not bother removing the nick. Thank you for playing on OSB.

Have a nice life,
    ~Glitch

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. XbFTB

XbFTB Member Extreme

Ratings:
    +33 / -37
    what if he wants to come back some day (i.e. I tell him to get on some time)

deliver on your promise please

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. captianbob

captianbob Active Member Immortal

Ratings:
    +149 / -0
    Well that sucks i guess xbox. Guess he will just be nicked.

9. grieferKep

grieferKep New Member

Ratings:
    +9 / -1
    I n
    I never have a problem with you guys, but I hate it when you all pull a race card, "black" wtf does it matter? At least us "black" people don't waste our life on anime.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2016