YesIWannaSeeIt's Ban Appeal

Discussion in 'Appeals' started by Borked, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Borked

Borked Member God

Ratings:
    +91 / -2
    Why was this punishment given?
    This punishment was received, presumably on the basis that I told a staff member to "eat ass" twice. The punishment was essentially given because of significant staff disrespect.

Who administered this punishment?
    RockRevenchy/Kakalavala

Do you feel as if you don't deserve this punishment?
    I believe I do not deserve this punishment (anymore).

If you feel as if you didn't deserve it, do you have proof showing why?
    Yes, I do. I will need to be contacted on Discord for this information, as it incriminates a specific player.

Why should we lift your punishment?
    Let's look at the time line. This ban was given because of "repeated staff disrespect" or something along those lines. The first question that must be addressed is, did I disrespect staff? The answer to that is yes. Now the next question is, how often was this staff disrespect occurring, and how many warnings was I given? I was given 1 warning for this specific incident. I have had two recorded moments of staff disrespect within the past year and a half. The first incident was on March 13, 2018. This second incident occurred on June 19, 2018. That is a three month gap between these disrespects. The first staff disrespect ban was because I changed my name to something inappropriate. If it was not for the name change, I would have presumably only been warned or muted for no more than three hours. I have been effectively banned from the server for roughly 48 hours at this point, which in my opinion is a proper punishment for a chat infraction to this extent. This length of ban is (to my knowledge) unprecedented on this server. Second thing is, no one will answer my questions about the punishment. When I ask the time, I am given the answer of "I don't know." When I'm asked why it was changed from a temp ban to an indefinite jail time, I'm told "I don't know." This is something that should be handled by now. I get that I've not been the nicest person. I wasn't nice to Leo or Rock, and I know there's no excuse for that. I don't think there's an excuse to be made. I just think that I should be treated equally with other players, no matter what my past is. Three months is more than enough for the "warning" to reset. I am not known for coming on the server every day and "trolling" staff or players. There have been two incidents of this recorded since July of 2016. The punishment is too much, and the current punishment should be lifted as of now in my opinion. Thank you.

Anything else you would like us to know?
    Any further rules I break should certainly be punished harshly. Harsh is a very relative word. In my eyes (and five of the current staff members, if the past is an indicator), my next punishment should be a four day mute/ban. Double my punishment each time I break the rules. This time increase should certainly vanish after a certain amount of time passes, though. Three months is a good amount of time for this. Again, I understand that I AM the person on the wrong side of this. I haven't been nice. I want to be nice.

TD;LR
    I've been disrespectful, but this last punishment has overreached. I should've been muted for either a couple hours, or the rest of the day (which seems to be the standard from my observation over the past twenty-four months).

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Borked

Borked Member God

Ratings:
    +91 / -2
    I've been updated that staff members have voted on this subject, and my jail will be permanent. I have been told that I will not be able to appeal. I am sorry.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  3. RockRevenchy

RockRevenchy Dirty Pirate Staff Member Admin

Ratings:
    +62 / -0
    Alright, I'll play along and answer properly to this appeal:

~7th march, you were intensively rushing leo with a few other players by either insulting him (calling him names such as "nazi" for instance), being beyond toxic towards him and went on describing how bad he was as a staff member according to you, you were also rude/disrespectful towards 1stglitch, called players "hoes" randomly and renamed yourself "LeoEatsAss" then started to chat using discord after receiving a ban (therefore bypassing the ban), I was a member at that moment and I was in reading the whole chat and I was relieved to see thom come and calm the server down because that day, the chat went completely out of hands partially thx to you.

24th may, you joined the server with your friends and called newcomers idiots (and I dont care if any of them were your friends, it should not be tolerated), basically been telling me how "better than me" you were since I wasnt staff for long (and how your opinion mattered more than mine or laidy's), skimmed political subjects (I guess to see our reactions) was both offensive and toxic towards both the community and the staff present (me and laidy) for about an hour.

20th june, came back again with formally known, "horsecum" to basically tease us again with general toxicity over the chat, mentioned yet again the name "horsecum" (forcing me to clear the chat and showing no progression at all from the first ban), renamed yourself just to tease us, yet again decided to tell me how to do my job, brought up religious subjects, then proceeded to explain me how dumb my current position in staff was, invited me to "eat your ass" (twice in theory) *politely declined* and proceeded to call me an "Incel" twice (which I found pretty funny to be fair).

You disrespected staff members on multiple random occasions by either telling them how bad they were at their job or by indirectly/directly insulting them and you always tried to reach that "one inch to the limit" just to see their reaction so you can complain if they lost their patience and told them each time you were on how they should do their job because you are so much better than them, I've also failed to mention how you always bring up your friends to support you in your unhealthy path you have been undertaking with this server.

Well borked this is it, you have finally reached the limit you have been seeking since this current reset, congratulation.

~Rock Out
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. Shauniee

Shauniee Active Member Extreme

Ratings:
    +216 / -4
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Borked

Borked Member God

Ratings:
    +91 / -2
    I was an ass, I know. I don't have any excuses. All I know is, staff aren't supposed to permanently ban, and they shouldn't use a loop hole, that consists of permanently banning and jailing a player.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  6. RockRevenchy

RockRevenchy Dirty Pirate Staff Member Admin

Ratings:
    +62 / -0
    kylie is also being dealt with and is not receiving any special treatment, she is at this very instant still on a tempban because of her behavior, I just happened to be either not present or not attentive every time she was on.

I did recheck the logs and indeed with the name changes I failed to realize horse was the one mentioning the original name but I do not personally think this changes much in relation to the how harsh the dialogue was that night

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  7. Borked

Borked Member God

Ratings:
    +91 / -2
    If I have to be perm banned to prove a point, so be it.

8. Kakalavala

Kakalavala Member Skymaster

Ratings:
    +34 / -0
    Btw, I just wanted to add that we did rework a lot of the rules since I became admin so a lot has changed. That's all I'm adding to this convoluted ordeal; k bye.

• Like Like x 1
  9. itdave

itdave Well-Known Member Extreme

Ratings:
    +266 / -21
    Ah, I loved it when punishments actually correlated to the crime committed, such as if you violated speech rules such as swearing or disrespecting, you had those rights taken away, pretty simple right? You swear, you no longer can swear.

You proceed to hack and disrupt the game environment, you are no longer able to play the game right? Makes sense via a ban which prevents you to play the game.

You threaten the game or bypass the mute somehow, you get put in jail and are no longer able to do that. (And quite frankly the entire jail system is retarded and is only made to be a ban but to insult the player)

Main point in hand is that, don't over punish things because you feel like you have the power to do so when there are really easier methods for both parties.

I know Borked has been really mean to the staff recently, dont know why but you are being a complete ass Spencer ( no offense ) but it's probably due to the fact of all the staff are new and quite frankly, it makes sense to hate new staff coming from a previous staff member. It's all good, but just don't go out of your way to meme on them and insult them and then be shocked when they retaliate, because then you look like an idiot.

All in all, Borked should be perm muted in my opinion rather than jailed, because now he can't play the game at all, which is essentially just perm banning him, and I don't know what the current staff has come to if they think perm banning or perm jailing a donor OR ANY PLAYER for that matter is a good idea for any other reason except threats against the server or hacking. Because now the player not only is being punished, but will most likely not learn from his mistakes and just never visit the server again. Punishments are meant to fix a persons behavior into something that will make them normal again, not make them never visit the server again. Just my two cents, and if Borked stays perm jailed, so be it, but just consider the thought process for punishments and how they relate to the crime that has occurred.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. DirtyCobble

DirtyCobble Active Member Skymaster

Ratings:
    +73 / -4
    I think perm ban should be in the rules of things staff are allowed to use as punishment. Maybe even a 3 strikes system. Not for little things like a slip curse word, but things like temp banned 3 times for disruption to others game time and/or multiple offenses that lead to temp ban 3 times. If a player cannot learn to follow simple rules that are posted clearly within 3 times of making a mistake or doing things on purpose, then that player doesn't deserve to continue playing on this server.

And as far as this player being previous staff and purposefully going after newer staff and telling them how to do their job--- SHAME ON YOU!--- You should know that being on staff is difficult.The amount of time that's taken away from building and playing, the time dedicated to answering questions, not to mention the resources and items staff members usually donate from their personal chests and incomes. You should be helping them and encouraging them to help them succeed to keep this server running well, not putting them down for doing their job. As a previous staff member, you should definitely know the rules better than a regular player and how to follow them. If you at any time thought a staff member was doing something outside of the rules, then the best thing to do is to screenshot the proof and make a written report to let other/higher staff resolve that issue.

Basically, grow up and own up to the fact that you maliciously and purposefully came into the server multiple times just to cause chaos and trouble. Accept your perm ban punishment and move on with your life.

The rest of us will be better off and happier with you out of the server.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1